A Great Find --- Buffalo Trace Single Barrel

jburlowski
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Found an incredible bargain recently. I was at the Cork N' Bottle in Crescent Springs, Kentucky last weekend. They were selling single barrel bottles of Buffalo Trace as part of a special promotion. (I don't know if this is also available at their other store in nearby Covington.)

They have two offerings; simply labeled as Barrel #1 and Barrel #2. I picked up a bottle of #2. I had an opportunity to celebrate this afternoon, so I tried a taste (actually several tastes). WOW! Much richer and smoother than the regular BT (which is a great everyday bourbon). Definite toffee tones with a very smooth finish with a hint of vanilla. Not too sweet; more lush.... a great sipping bourbon.

The real punch line is the price... $19.95 a bottle (750ML). An incredible bargain!

Aficionados in the area should head over and grab a bottle while it is still available. (But please not until I have had the opportunity to get a few more for myself; including the yet unsampled barrel #1).

Aficionados in the area should head over and grab a bottle while it is still available. (But please not until I have had the opportunity to get a few more for myself; including the yet unsampled barrel #1).

You realize, of course, posts like this are torturous to those of us who don't have access?? I hate you! (Okay, I'm just jealous toast.gif but still....)

Cheers,

Ken

We allow certain retailers who have been supportive of the Buffalo Trace/Sazerac portfolio to select personalized barrels of some of our bourbons. We pre-qualify the barrels for the normal bottling run and then let the retailers pick their favorites from them. Buffalo Trace is a marriage of about 30 barrels. As a result some of the barrels just taste better than others. Since the age is between 9 - 11 years, sometimes folks select the older barrels, which often times are slightly more flavorful. We do the same thing for Weller, Elmer T. Lee, Eagle Rare, and have even sold a single barrel of Old Charter (which is very dangerous because the typical Charter is made by mingling hundreds of barrels; taking one barrel out can result in a vastly different bourbon).

Ken

Very interesting. I noticed that my bottle of BT is one bottled specifically for Binny's. I must say, they picked a fine cask (or group of casks, as the case may be)! Edit: On looking further, it's a single cask bottling.

I just went and fetched my BT bottle (making sure to turn on the lights first lol.gif)... mmmmmmmmmm. drink.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.