Buffalo Trace Antique Collection

ripvanfan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Curious to hear the availability and SRP on the 4 varieties of BT antique bourbons being released very soon. Any experts care to comment???

We were bottling the Eagle Rare 17 today (click on www.buffalotrace.com and go to distillery cameras, Blanton's Bottling Hall and see for yourself). Kris will let us know the yield on each of the 4 brands in about 2 weeks.

Ken

Ken, the big question is:

Will the expanded Antique line be available in Louisville and Bardstown during the festival?

Omar

Just finished ogling the line and there they were, like soldiers on dress parade, filing down to the end of the line and on the way to the enjoyment of many happy customers. Carry on troops! 893drillsergeant-thumb.gif

I realize that it is a bit late for this, but could you tell us how many bottles of the Spring edition of Stagg were made. It seems to have been a much bigger run than last fall's run, based on store availability. Of course, it could be because dedicated purchasers like those on this board stocked up on the fall variety thinking they needed to buy a whole year's supply at a time and they bought fewer of the spring edition. My hope is that going forward more supply will be available.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeeha! I got the new Stagg today. My first one. I'm going to wait a little while to open it. I'd like to try it along side the Weller and ER17 when they come in.

Jay

The fall 2005 expression seems to be around the 141 mark. But since we haven't bottled any yet we don't have an exact number. Your "new Stagg" could be the spring expression or from a previous year. Eagle Rare 17 and some Sazerac 18 are the only antiques we have bottled as of today. The rest are soon to follow, then will take a bit to get distributed and finally into your bunkers/glasses yum.gif.

Etohchem

oh yeah, that is the Spring 05 release. very flavorful, and not too overpowering of a proof for being 131.8. I usually take mine straight, with a nice beer chaser if I get too much heat.

I have tasted that and also the 04 Stagg. I like the Spring 05 a bit better, but they are all great products.

the new fall version should be out soon at around 141 proof.

toast.gif

The spring 05 seems to be in pretty good supply. Another 5 or 6 bottles just appeared on the shelf at my local distributor.

Craig

I heard that most of the Antique Collection has been bottled but towards the end they ran out of glass. They will not be releasing any of it until all has been bottled so I believe the new release date is mid-October.

I talked to a store owner last Thursday and he showed me some order slips marked with an expected delivery date of 10/14/2005 for (at least) Stagg, ER 17, and the new Weller. I guess these were marked by his distributor (I don't know anything about the business).

Jay

I can tell you this is not the case, as my slow-moving control state just somehow managed to distribute 4 bottles of the new Sazerac to my local liquor store. Tomorrow is payday and I intend to spend heavily!

-Will

for the fall 05 stagg or weller? I read 141 and 122 as a estimate, does anyone have the exact proofs of either?

thanks.

This is interesting since we have not yet shipped any of the Antique Collection. Of course someone in our shipping department could have jumped the gun, but I don't believe we have completed bottling yet.

Ken

Does that mean they are almost done? I remember someone saying that they already had Sazerac and ER 17 already done and then it was to finish the Stagg and W.L. Weller.

Ken?

Did anyone else notice what was being bottled today at BT? 141.2 proof I think the label said. drink.gif

Jon

Hazmat the sequal?

I am a huge fan of Elmer T. Lee as I'm sure y'all know. Which of these has the flavor profile closest to what an uncut-unfiltered bottle of Elmer T. Lee might be like?

--Mark

Sorry to disappoint you, but Elmer T. Lee is Mashbill #2(AAA) and both of the "rye" mashbill bourbons in the Antique Collection are #1. Plus only the Stagg is barrel proof (the new William Larue Weller will be as well, but it's a wheater)

Though you might want to make sure to try Blanton's. Rock Hill Farms and Hancock's Reserve, as they are all #2.

I believe there is a higher proof Blanton's (maybe even an uncut version) available overseas.

You shouldn't hold the fact that these aren't the same mashbills as your fav, they are excellent.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.