Petites Lots and Blended at Birth!!!

Dave_in_Canada
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

New on the scene for Canadian blended whisky is Danfield's Private Reserve. Claiming to be a "Small Batch" (ie. "petites lots" for those of you who speak in foreign tongues) this whisky is also being advertised as "Blended at Birth". Unlike most Canadian's, it is blended first then aged. (Others, including Scotland, have been known to practice this technique, but use this aged product for further blending). The brand is owned by Constellation (same parent group to Barton). I haven't tried it yet, wondering if anyone else has?

Thanks for this note Dave. Please note though that blended at birth is not new. This is how Canadian Club is made (is my understanding from an explantion given on its web site). Barton owns two Canadian distilleries, so no doubt via that it has lots of experience in making Canadian whisky. Anyway the new product is a welcome, rare new addition to the Canadian whisky range, I look forward to trying it.

Gary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.