initials on back of Stagg label?

NorCalBoozer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I noticed on the back of the Stagg label (spring 05), after the description, a line and to the left of the line the initials "C.O.S"

does anyone know what those initials mean?

it is printed. also see it on the '04 Stagg but not on Eagle Rare 17. the mystery continues........

Well, it may just be somebody's initials who wrote the label copy. Or, it might have something to do with the Community of Science's (C.O.S) searchable database (by subscription) for U.S. Patents.

http://patents.cos.com/

Or, maybe neither of the above.

Well, it may just be somebody's initials who wrote the label copy.

Tim, It is on my '04 Stagg. By the location of it at the end of the label copy, I thought that's what it is also.

Charles Orville Schupp

Mr. Schupp was the plant manager at the George T. Stagg Distillery for several years. He passed away around two years ago. Putting his initials on the label was kind of an understated way of saying thanks for all that he did.

Ken

The mystery ends. Thanks Ken. It's nice to know BT would take time to remember a lost employee in this manner. Class company.

and thanks to you, Mr. Schupp. toast.gif

Charles Orville Schupp

Mr. Schupp was the plant manager at the George T. Stagg Distillery for several years. He passed away around two years ago. Putting his initials on the label was kind of an understated way of saying thanks for all that he did.

Ken

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.