Philadelphia Whiskey Festival

mobourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Phila. Whiskey Festival will be held on Nov. 10 in downtown Philly. The list of exhibitors was just released. I am very excited! BT will have the fall Stagg and Sazerac. Penderyn Welsh is listed under Van Winkle. Can you help, Julian? VW 12 and 20 year old and Weller Antique.HH will have the Bernheim Wheat Whiskey, among others. The OFBB '05 will also be available for tasting. I'm very excited! Of course I have a hotel room reserved because I will be doing much tasting! drink.giftoast.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Fred,

Where's the closest place to stay near the festival? I think we'd like to go too. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe usflag.gif

We're not coming to the PA Whiskey Festival this year since we have sol little to sell in PA now. And I have no idea who Peneryn Welsh is!

Julian

The story perpetuates the (almost certainly) incorrect information that Jack Daniel was of Welsh origin. I think this information was contained originally in Michael Jackson's 1988 World Guide To Whisky. If so it is one of the few things Jackson got wrong (in whisky or anything else he writes about, he is famously a good fact-checker). The full-length biography of Jack Daniel released last year states he was of Scots-Irish origin.

Gary

We're not coming to the PA Whiskey Festival this year since we have sol little to sell in PA now.

Julian

Julian,

Is this because you have so little to sell them or they are not buying?

Joe usflag.gif

Penderyn Welsh Whisky is a new product that has nothing to do with us other than the fact that we supply them with used bourbon barrels. I have tried the whisky and it is pretty good (a little smokey, but still fine).

Ken

Sorry we won't see you in PA, Julian. The Van Winkle 12 year old and 20 year old will be available for tasting, though.

Thank you, Ken and Tim for your info. I'll be anxious to taste it. Will you be here, Ken?

I will be in New York for WhiskeyFest, however, only Kris Comstock will venture on to Philly. I have a couple of other appointments that week.

Ken

It seems that all hotel rooms in downtown are booked for November 10. Must be a big convention of some kind going on. This will obviously hurt attendance at the festival, as my friends and I (and I assume a lot of other people) won't be going for lack of accomodations. Too bad. Poor planning on their part.

Joe usflag.gifhot.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.