I need help to plan a Kentucky tour.

nor02lei
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Dave & Leif,

We applied for an iternational drivers licence here in Australia. Most countries will accept an Australian drivers licence, but some like to see an International one as well. They are usually valid for 5 years.

- Leif, again, check with your local drivers licence department.

[/quote

Cameron,

Thank you for all your tips. I will check this international driver’s licence issue in good time before the journey.

Leif

Can anyone provide Leif information regarding legal/administrative hurdles he might face if he were to rent a car in Kentucky?

I know only enough to be worried that it might not work out. For example, imagine having to apply for and take the test for a Kentucky driver's license in order to complete the rental process, but one needs a car to take the driving test. (Hey Jeff! Can Leif borrow your car while you're at work? He'll bring it right back if he passes the test. :grin: Do you still have the bicycle from your missionary work? :slappin: )

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Dave,

Thanks for your concern but I don’t think it could be this stupid. I haven’t heard that it should be any bigger problems to rent a car in USA from other Swedes. But if it really should be like this I will cancel the whole trip of bare Principe.

Leif

• 3 months later...

Still planning my trip. It seems that contact information is the key to get good visits at the distilleries and I have got help with several from forum members and special tours to HH, 4 Roses, Woodford, WT, Barton’s, MM (strightboubon.com group visit) is set and date for BT will be set on place in Kentucky. However I got big problems with 2. JB and Brown Forman. Seem hopeless to get any contact with these 2 and they got no tourist tours ether if you don’t count the video JB is showing. I would be real glad if someone had any contact information to these 2. I haven’t started with JD and Dickel yet due to fact that I want all other scheduled before so I can put is a 3 day trip to Tennessee.

Leif

It's been a long time since I looked at it but Kentucky used to honor any drivers license from anywhere that would honor ours. So first I would find out if a Kentucky license is valid in Sweden, if not then one might need to see from Kentucky just what is required.

It's been a long time since I looked at it but Kentucky used to honor any drivers license from anywhere that would honor ours. So first I would find out if a Kentucky license is valid in Sweden, if not then one might need to see from Kentucky just what is required.

Bobby is correct. Click here. A foreign visitor can drive on a foreign driver's license in any state, as long as their home country is part of the Geneva compact.

Jeff and Bobby,

I did check this driver license requirement here in Sweden for driving in USA and except what you have said it was that it had to be text in English. My was not so I have to get an international licence. However it was much cheaper than I fought. Just 230 SKR (7.4=1 USD) for 3 years.

Leif

Hi Leif,

I live in Bardstown, spend alot of time in Louisville and have several friends in Lexinton/Frankfort. Drop me a pm, and I'll give you my contact info. I noticed you wanted a tour of BF, and they don't typically give tours. I'll be happy to see if I can hook you up, or help you anyway I can.

Bj

• 2 weeks later...

I would stongly recommend the Rosemark Haven in Bardstown. Its a bed and breakfast that isn't far from the center of Bardstown and a great value. The rooms are very generous and the breakfasts and dinners are excellent.

I would stongly recommend the Rosemark Haven in Bardstown. Its a bed and breakfast that isn't far from the center of Bardstown and a great value. The rooms are very generous and the breakfasts and dinners are excellent.

Thank you for your tip! However I am already booked up at the old Bardstown Inn (Bettye Jo helped me with that).

Leif

Still planning my trip. It seems that contact information is the key to get good visits at the distilleries and I have got help with several from forum members and special tours to HH, 4 Roses, Woodford, WT, Barton’s, MM (strightboubon.com group visit) is set and date for BT will be set on place in Kentucky. However I got big problems with 2. JB and Brown Forman. Seem hopeless to get any contact with these 2 and they got no tourist tours ether if you don’t count the video JB is showing. I would be real glad if someone had any contact information to these 2. I haven’t started with JD and Dickel yet due to fact that I want all other scheduled before so I can put is a 3 day trip to Tennessee.

Leif

A special tour to Brown Forman has been set up now thanks to contact information from Cowdery. Thank you very much Chuck!

Leif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.