jbutler

Cooking with bourbon

Richnimrod
14 hours ago, flahute said:

Every year my wife makes a bourbon pecan pie at Thanksgiving. Every year I hand her either WTRB or WT101. It was 101 this year.

I for one am totally envious!   I wish I could partake.     Please tell me how wonderful it was... and spare no detail, no matter how insignificant it may seem.   😋   Thanx in advance.  :D

flahute
8 hours ago, Richnimrod said:

I for one am totally envious!   I wish I could partake.     Please tell me how wonderful it was... and spare no detail, no matter how insignificant it may seem.   😋   Thanx in advance.  :D

Ambrosia. This may be the only pie I ever need.

(OK....I need more than one pie but it really is that good.)

• I like it 1

HoustonNit

Peach bourbon glaze.

IMG_8526.jpg

IMG_8527.jpg

marshall9779

The wife made some bourbon, chocolate chunk and pecan cookies before Christmas. She used some OE7BP for that batch. She’s said they were a lot of work and wouldn’t be made again. Well, She surprised me for V-day today with another batch. She couldn’t remember what she used last time. She grabbed some LBP. Will be enjoying later after a nice diner.
Adjustments.jpg

• I like it 3

Kane
21 minutes ago, marshall9779 said:

The wife made some bourbon, chocolate chunk and pecan cookies before Christmas. She used some OE7BP for that batch. She’s said they were a lot of work and wouldn’t be made again. Well, She surprised me for V-day today with another batch. She couldn’t remember what she used last time. She grabbed some LBP. Will be enjoying later after a nice diner.
Adjustments.jpg

Those look AMAZING. Chunky. I've never heard of bourbon cookies.

GaryT
14 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

Adjustments.jpg

Any chance you get get the recipe she used?

I've used bourbon soaked raisins/craisins in oatmeal raisin cookies for years (in fact baked some this morning for a gathering tonight!), and have done bourbon fudge - but those look amazing!  

marshall9779

I've used bourbon soaked raisins/craisins in oatmeal raisin cookies for years (in fact baked some this morning for a gathering tonight!), and have done bourbon fudge - but those look amazing!  

I’ll see if I can get it.
  • I like it 1

marshall9779

Here’s the recipe.

https://blog.williams-sonoma.com/12-days-cookies-baker-natures-brown-butter-bourbon-pecan-chocolate-chunk-cookies/
  • I like it 1