Old Bardstown

doubleblank
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Following the recent arrival of the various age/proofs of Johnny Drum here in Houston, we now have "Old Bardstown" in various bottlings. The most interesting one appears to be the 10yo in a round, squat bottle, which states in bold letters "Estate Bottled".....?? Anyway, didn't pick one up at $26. Anyone else seen/tried them?

Q for Doug, Tim et al....at the gazebo during the Fest......didn't Evan bring an old "Old Bardstown" his grandfather made back in the '60's? Pretty good stuff as I recall.

Randy

I heard rumor of that bottle, when on Sat.night I brought a bottle of the recent Old Bardstown 10yo 101, but unfortunatly it disappeared before I got a chance to try it. cry.gif

Actually it was Drew, not Evan and yes it was a delightful bottle which we were fortunate enough to have tasted.

Hey Koji.....Yes, the squatty bottle on the right is made as a 10yo here. Does the top of the label say "Estate Bottled"? And....what the heck does that mean regarding bourbon anyway? The younger versions come in bottles like the two on the left. I don't recall proofs offhand.

Randy

Here's the bottle that Drew brought:

P.S. Note the happy grin on Doug's face...this was good stuff!

post-303-1448981207054_thumb.jpg

The last bottle of Old Bardstown 10yo I had looked like the one here. That bottle looks like the bottle of Johnny Drum 15yo that I have

post-1106-1448981209791_thumb.jpg

So there was a 10 year old too, the bottles in my picture are all from the late

80's and the 90's. I think there were a lot of bottles made in that short round

bottles, like the Private Stock bourbon and the J.Drum 15 etc.

I forgot to write this below the photo but the proof on the tall bottles are

80 proof and 86 proof, no age statement.

Koji

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.