Bernheim Wheat Whiskey available in Maryland?

hokiedave92
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Anyone know if the Bernheim Wheat is available in Maryland? I'm in Montgomery County.

Thanks,

Dave

I don't believe Bernheim will show in Maryland.

Also, Montgomery County is carrying less and less Bourbon stock.

• 7 months later...

Bernheim Wheat is now available in Virginia. Not sure how long this has been the case, but I just bought a bottle yesterday from my local ABC store in Arlington, VA. They have one more on the shelf. They weren't there when I visited the same store a month ago.

• 3 weeks later...

It is a new product in the Virginia stores. I have seen it in a few DC stores as well.

• 1 month later...

Bernheim appeared in Massachusetts early in July, just after I got back from Indiana with the only bottle I thought I would ever see. I LOVE this whiskey and my hat is off to Heaven Hill! The IN bottle is down to 2 fingers, but I now have 2 more bunkered and intend to keep it on hand as long as I can find it.

Why? Well, this whiskey is amazingly drinkable. Heaven in a bottle. It scratches all the right iches. And, to my palate, it is just what would be expected if a wheater were to metamorphose into a full wheat whiskey. It is also amazingly like some Irish whiskeys (e.g., Michael Collins single malt Irish whiskey) and like some Speyside single malts with no peat and no sherry. Sure, $40 per bottle is high for a no age statement bottling, but Heaven Hill has to recoup some money for the big risk they took, and this was a risk worth taking. I'm not a fan of no age statement bottlings in general, but this is an easy exception.

Someday, I'm going to visit Heaven Hill and get to thank these good folks personally. Meanwhile, THANKS HEAVEN HILL for Bernheim Original Kentucky Straight Wheat Whiskey!

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.