"old" Old Bardstown & Old Heaven Hill questions?

GlennB
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On a back shelf I just came across 2 bottles of bourbon that I must have put there at least 20 years ago. In the 60's, 70's, and early 80's during visits to Kentucky (I grew up near Bardstown) I would often go to Toddy's Liquor Store in Bardstown and buy bottles (always small sizes) of bourbons that were not available in Calif. for my Calif. friends. Obviously these 2 bottles were not given away. The bottles are still sealed and I'm now curious as to whether these bourbons are anything special. Maybe you folks can help me out with information.

I am including label info.

Bottle #1:

Old Heaven Hill, 100 proof, 375ml, Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Bottled in Bond under U.S. Government Supervision, Distilled and bottled by Heaven Hill Distilleries, Inc., Bardstown, Nelson County, Kentucky. The price sticker says $4.20.

Bottle #2:

Old Bardstown, 100 proof, 375ml, Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Bottled in Bond, Distilled in Kentucky, Bottled by Old Bardstown Distilling Company, Bardstown, Nelson County, Kentucky. The back label states: Distilled by The Stonegate Distillery, D.S.P. KY 31. The price sticker says $4.15.

Thanks for any info.

Glenn

post-1191-14489812102527_thumb.jpg

I suspect you'll find them similar. Although the Old Bardstown is a brand owned by Kentucky Bourbon Distiller (the successor of the old Willets Distillery -- DSP-KY-78), the BIB designation of DSP-KY-31 indicates it's also Heaven Hill bourbon. KBD has not distilled since around 1982 (unless they've fired up a newly-installed still this fall).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.