Is Stagg a single barrel bourbon?

Vange
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In a friendlier tone:

No, in fact when we approve the barrels for Stagg, we marry them in a tank then put them back into the barrels, mostly for storage reasons, until we are ready to bottle. We try and plan to bottle soon after choosing so that the whiskey doesn't change from the first approvals. Regardless, each barrel is restested before final dumping and bottling.

Etoh

The new batch sure is tasty though. And in responce to an earlier thread (that I can't seem to find) someone mentioned that it was best when the proper balance/dilution was found. While this may be true in the long run, I find that I really enjoy the mouthfeel and heat of the higher alcohol content when I first sip this. I like the way it sort of dries out your mouth and you taste nothing but the whiskey, then the fire creeps in. This may have something to do with my love of hot chiles which rarely , if ever can be enjoyed with whiskey. If I am going to enjoy several small glasses of GTS over the course of an evening I will bring it down to an acceptable level, but if I am simply enjoying a smidge before bed, I actually prefer it straight.

I am a newbie compared to some on these boards and if my thought processes are in error, I apologize.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.