Distributer in Melbourne, Australia....????

BarItemsPlus1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

G'day people, firstly I would like to say 'Hi' to all grin.gif. I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I have just started a new business in collecting/trading and retailing premium whisky drinking.gif(bourbon & scotch) in Australia. The market for premium bourbons here is just coming into it's own, and I am looking for distributers or to be one for premium bourbons. I see Julian from Van Winkle uses this forum also...maybe you Julian may like to contact me??

I also collect bottles from all over the world so if anyone is looking for particular bottles, I may be able to help or at least I would love to try and help, Cheers all toast.gif

Troy @ Bar Items Plus

Melbourne, Australia.

bar_items_plus@dodo.com.au

Hi all, I see a few are reading coffeedrinker.gif this post but no one seems to be replying. Please if any one has any information or advice I would be most appreciative of any contact.

Cheers... toast.gif

Troy @ Bar Items Plus

you should try contacting Buffalo Trace and ask them who distributes into Australia.

In general, check your local beer/wine/spirits distributors, ask them what they carry. If they don't currently carry what you want, ask them if they can get some of the items you desire.

It's going to be aa lot easier to try to get an existing distributor to add new items than for you to get into the whole 'distributor' game.

if you want old, rare stuff you can find a good selection from time to time on ebay.

good luck. Greg.

Hi Troy - welcome to the forum from another Aussie laugh.gif

Here's what I know, or have surmised in my time on the board...

Currently, the import rights to Van Winkle are owned by Burwood Cellars in Melbourne.

Buffalo Trace are looking to distribute their name-sake in Australia, but are being delayed by taxes and other issues.

Ken or Julian may be able to add more detail.

Blantons is distributed in limited numbers to various stores through out the country.

There's probably more info, but that's all I can think of. Have a look through the General Discussion Forum for the post called "Bourbon Availibility Downunder"

Sorry Troy, but I think I speak for a lot of us that read and didn't respond because of our lack of knowledge in International Trade let alone dealing with distillery products as such. Anyway, welcome to the forum, we're always glad to hear from our friends down under.

Hi there, thanks for the reply and the welcoming thankyousign.gif

I have now been in touch with a few members and it is great to chat to all these wonderful people in the industry. I didn't know so many industry members were on this forum, I have actually learnt so much over the last few days my head is about to explode. Being in such infancy in Australia, premium bourbons along with many other unknow varieties to us here down in Oz it fantastic to see all the brands and varities available.

Anyway hope to chat again soon toast.gif

Regards,

Troy @ Bar Items Plus.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.