BT Antinque Collecttion - good price?

Vange
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I paid about $46 for the previous Stagg(131.8) and can still find it online for under $50.

Have found Eagle Rare 17 for about the same.

Is $60 a bottle a good price for the 2005 BT Antique Collection?

I hope it isn't that high everywhere. It's topped out at about $50-$52 around here in the past. Over $60, it ceases to be quite as desireable -- as in, I'll be buying by the bottle (or, perhaps, not at all some issues) instead of the 3-pack.

There is stil a lot of Spring '05 Stagg here in Houston. I pay $39.99 per bottle when I buy the three bottle case. At that price, its cheaper than most top shelf bourbons.....particularly when diluted to about 90 proof.

Randy

Can someone help me...I am looking for a supplier of the BT Antique collection and other premium bourbons to ship to Melbourne, Australia. If there is an online store or any help someone can provide would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Troy @ Bar Items Plus.

Welcome to this great site, good to see another Aussie lurking around the traps.

I have sent you a PM regarding your question, did not want to post an email address publicly , but hope this contact will help you out. toast.gif

York County must be behind, we only have the older Stagg. frown.gif

Pennsylvania has the new George T. Stagg for about $43.99 + tax. woohoo.gif

Doug

Last year's (and this Spring's Stagg) was priced for me in the mid $40's at case price ($49-50 bottle price). My retailer has tipped me off that the price is going up for the fall '05, but I don't have the details yet, as he is still waiting on his supply from the distributor.

• 6 months later...
Can someone help me...I am looking for a supplier of the BT Antique collection and other premium bourbons to ship to Melbourne, Australia. If there is an online store or any help someone can provide would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Troy @ Bar Items Plus.

Troy if you are succesful in getting this into australia each year i would put my name down each time a new set is released!

I hope it isn't that high everywhere. It's topped out at about $50-$52 around here in the past. Over $60, it ceases to be quite as desireable -- as in, I'll be buying by the bottle (or, perhaps, not at all some issues) instead of the 3-pack.

It is $52.99-59.99 down here in the low end (geographically speaking) of Tennesee plus the horrid local & state sales taxes that keep our renowned & super-efficient local & state governments running at full employment & some of the best jobs in the state......well, I better stop on that note - change the subject!

Anyhow, the total price is usually around $58-64 around here. There is one store here that still has some 131.8 (Spring 2005-B) for $59.99+ and another store that has a few bottles of 129.0 (Fall 2004) for $54.99+. Every now and then I find a single bottle of Stagg south of the border (Mississippi) for $43.99 + tax (much lower!) and pay a total of right at $47. BUT, unlike Tennessee, Mississippi is a liquor control board state. So, it takes a long time for most stores to get any Stagg if at all.

Picked up Stagg (fall '05) a couple of weeks ago for $45 + tax = $49.27

If you find any of this years issue anywhere, it will probably be considerably higher; $55-65 range. Here in Doo Dah, for 2006 issues, we get Stagg at 65, Eagle Rare 17 at 50, Sazerac 18 at 40, and William Larue ... we just hope and pray.

Of course we really can't get any of these since our two distributors seem to keep "loosing" our orders. Ahhh, life on the prarie.

Someone mentioned a few months back that they knew where to get some William Larue 12. I have an address in MO for shipping if this is still an option.

When they are available I can pick them up for $42 + tax per bottle. At least thats what I paid last year. Keeping my fingers crossed that they'll get them in again later this year and at the same price.

I've found the three members of the Antique Collection -- Eagle Rare 17, Sazerac Rye 18 and the Fall George Stagg. All for 50 plus tax in Indianapolis. I have the Stagg and the Sazerac and throughly enjoy each of them, but I don't believe the ER 17 to be worth 50 when I can get the ERSB for 20 and its nearly as good.

Timmy,

There are actually 4 different labels in the Antique Collection, you don't have the William Larue Weller (which is my personal favorite of the 4 this year). It can still be found in the city. Also, depending on where you found it, you might want to check and see if you have the 2002 Saz and ER or if you have the current release. One of our local chains seems to have gotten quite a bit of the 2002 Saz and ER.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.