Blends, what are they good for?

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

As far as blended scotch goes, I like dewars 12yr and Johnny Walker gold label. the gold label has a sort of honeyed taste to it and the Dewars isn't that smokey unlike some of the other brands. As far as single malt, I like the brands from the Perthshire region: Edradour,Dahlwinnie,glenturret,deanston, glengoyne etc. These also tend to be not so smoky. On the other hand, Brands like Ardbeg remind me of a forest fire. I definitely have to be in the mood for them.

Thomas

... the gold label has a sort of honeyed taste to it...

Thomas

Yeah, the Gold Label does have a silky feel to it.

Fantastic stuff guys. I'm looking forward to trying some scotches with a bit more confidence now. I'm a big fan of Irish Whiskeys, having tried and enjoyed most of the ones you can get in an Irish Pub (an American Irish Pub, that is), so it seems reasonable to expect that I'd enjoy some of the less peaty SMSW's as well.

Man, do I love this forum.

e.d.d.,

I suggest you meander over to the Foreign Whiskey forum for further guidance regarding scotch.

I have a personal fondness for this thread , from the days when my total exposure to scotch consisted of a few blends.

Come to think of it, I like this one, too. It has posts about my impressions of specific scotch bottlings, as well as some tangential posts related to scotch.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.