I Want This!

Sweetmeats
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

cool.gif

Playing poker for the first time can be a daunting challenge when sat at a table full of experienced poker players.

But now, thanks to the new Bulleit Poker Academies, you can learn everything you need to know and even try a few practice games before putting yourself out there with the most experienced of poker players.

You'll even get some Bulleit Bourbon to enjoy while learning.

Poker has been around as long as Bulleit Bourbon itself.

Created by Augustus Bulleit in the 1830's, it quickly became a favourite amongst the Pioneers.

At the same time card playing was spreading like wild fire amongst Frontiers men, who could be found in saloons playing poker, with a glass of American whiskey by their side.

To celebrate the launch of the Bulleit Poker Academies Bulleit Bourbon has two poker kits to give away to Local London readers.

Each kit includes a pack of Bulleit poker cards, a stylish case of poker chips, a how to play' poker booklet, t-shirt, a bottle of smoky-smooth Bulleit Bourbon and six embossed tumblers - everything you need for the perfect poker night at home!

The Bulleit Poker Academies will take place in bars across London in November and December. To find your nearest Academy call 020 7324 7200.

post-1102-14489812106508_thumb.jpg

Mark,

Are you doing promotion work for Bulleit, or did you come across this and think we would find it interesting?

I continue to marvel at the investment Diageo is making in this brand.

Came across it and thought it was interesting. I like promotional stuff and thought others might as well. Now, if they want to pay me...

With the stagnation of beer sales and the growth of hard alcohol in recent years, I can see why one would want to spend a lot of marketing dollars.....if you could get the name recognition of JD or Beam (regardless of quality) you are going to sell a hell of a lot of bourbon.

Those are neat looking glasses. I just checked their website and it doesn't look like they have a "store." Maybe someday...

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to publicly thank Dale for the generosity he bestowed upon a complete stranger (me). Not more than a week passed since I stated "Hey that looks cool" and the glass shows up on my doorstep! Denying my offer to at least cover shipping, Dale suggested I make a donation to the Oscar Getz Memorial Acquisition Fund, where you pick a deceased distiller you want remembered and the interest on the trust is used for purchases for the museum (what museum is it, btw?). So to keep the positive karma going, I will make a contribution to that fund today.

Cheers- Paul

I just wanted to publicly thank Dale for the generosity he bestowed upon a complete stranger (me). Not more than a week passed since I stated "Hey that looks cool" and the glass shows up on my doorstep! Denying my offer to at least cover shipping, Dale suggested I make a donation to the Oscar Getz Memorial Acquisition Fund, where you pick a deceased distiller you want remembered and the interest on the trust is used for purchases for the museum (what museum is it, btw?). So to keep the positive karma going, I will make a contribution to that fund today.

Cheers- Paul

I just want to say thank you for your kind words. I was raised old school and you help others without thought of reward.

I wish I could take credit for the donation idea but I just passed it on from a suggestion from Michael Veach. He shipped me an item and I offerd to pay for shipping but he suggested this. We are trying to meet in a few weeks and are talking about other ideas for the fund. Stay tuned!

toast.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.