Jim Beam Black vs. White

saintsfan342000
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and the world of bourbon. I just had a quick question.

As far as I can tell from what I;ve read on various websites, the only difference between Jim Beam Black & White is that Black is charcoal filtered and is aged longer. My question though is that isn't Jack Daniels charcoal filtered as well, that being the step in the process that DQs it from being called bourbon? How does JB Black get away with it? Thanks!

Jack Daniel's goes through the Lincoln County process, which involves leaching through 10 feet of sugar maple charcoal BEFORE aging. Many bourbons are filtered in one way or another AFTER aging. Some use charcoal (I'm guessing here, but it's probably activated charcoal).

Beam Black is not only older, but also a higher proof therefore having a less diluted flavor than the standard Beam.

To find out more about the Lincoln County process I recommend using the search function.

Most execllent, Tim grin.gifgrin.gif We can always count on you to help other's find thier way...Good job grin.gif

Bettye Jo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.