100% Corn Bourbon - Mixing Mash Bills?

Schock
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Okay working on the last of 3 blends I'm trying tonight

Started off with the ORVW 15 / OGD 114 3:1 : this is a BIG combo, leading off with the spice and alcohol from the OGD and finishing with the wood of the ORVW, a nice if not too relaxing blend. It'll make you sit up and notice it, no kicking back and relaxing here.

Followed that with a ORVW / WT rye mixed 2:1 : Wow! Smooth, and it makes my mouth water during every sip, seems really juicy. Really makes me wonder what a bourbon with a mashbill closer to the 51% min would be like, or what the Mitchers Sour Mash is like. Wow! I will really revisit this when I open another ORVW.

Currently workin on the OGD/ WT mixed 2:1: Here again the bourbon takes the initial palate, but in a much calmer way that when mixed with the ORVW, and the rye takes the finish, not quite as mouth watering, but a smooth honeyed finish with almost a hint of saffron(!?! never seen that in a whiskey before). Very nice. I think I could drink this pretty much everday, use in manahattens, just enjoy, very good.

Thanks

All these sound very interesting. Sometimes small changes make a big difference, e.g., perhaps a 4:1 ORVW 15 with OGD 114 would work well. Or maybe the 3:1 but with a dash of water. All the ones you tried would make superb Manhattans or other whiskey cocktails, absolutely.

Gary

Okay, how about this: The only mono-grain whiskey made in America that you can find without a microscope is Old Potrero.

If I can't buy it at Sam's, it doesn't exist.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.