Best Looking Bourbon Bottle

Schock
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I want to know what makes a great looking bourbon bottle. For this post, I'm not talking about what's in the bottle, I'm talking about the actual appearance of the bottle. I buy bourbon for the content, but sometimes I hold the bottle in my hand and can't help but say, "wow, that is a cool looking bottle!" I'm solicting photos and opinions and I'll start with mine:

I like Bulleit. Here's why, it's not the classiest or the most regal, but remember we're not talking about a posh, snooty liquor, this is bourbon. The Bulleit Bourbon bottle looks like it's begging to be sitting on a poker table. You can almost smell that cigar smoke and the see the chips go flying as the six shooters come out.

I also really like the look of Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon, Eagle Rare, Rock Hill Farms, and 1792 Ridgemont Reserve but when people look at my collection, I almost always find myself talking about the frontier look of the Bulleit.

What do you all think?

Jimmy

post-1205-14489812108078_thumb.jpg

My Apologies. I'm new to the board.

I still like looking at pictures of bourbon bottles if anyone has some they'd like to show off.

Jimmy

Ok grin.gif...

The best looking bottle (in my opinion) is this one...Newly acquired, kinda old, and rare grin.gifgrin.gif...

The best part about this bourbon bottle? The bourbon inside was distilled by my grandfather "Pop Beam"...(aka) Harry Milburn Beam grin.gif

Bettye Jo

post-20-14489812108454_thumb.jpg

I'm so tickled you finally found one Bettye Jo, I know how hard you have looked. I know just exactly which bottle commands front and center on a given sideboard.....

Thanks Dane grin.gifgrin.gif

Actually, that was not the bottle that I have been searching for...

Don't get me wrong...

Let me tell ya grin.gifgrin.gif

It was a major surprise and the thrill woohoo.gif was just awsome bis.gifbis.gifbis.gif...I saw that summabuck and said...Sweettttttttttttttttt grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif...I set the bid at at mega and kept my finger's crossed grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

The HH Old Style (in my first post in this thread) was distilled while my grand father was there...The picture in "this post" is the bottle that I'm in search of...It was distilled by my great grandfather, Joseph L. Beam (you can see his name on the back label---Joe L. Beam--- grin.gifgrin.gif The first Master Distiller at Heaven Hill and one of the first original incorporators of Heaven Hill grin.gifgrin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeahhhhhhhhhhh grin.gifgrin.gif

Bettye Jo

post-20-14489812109537_thumb.jpg

I think Bulliet has a nice bottle, not to mention a great bourbon. I also like Buffalo Traces bottle as well as those in the Buffalo Trace antique collection. great bourbon deserves a great bottle.

Thomas

I just got my first bottle of Rock Hill Farms and the bottle garnered a lot of comments from the women in the house.

I've always had a soft spot for the Knob Creek bottle. It's just so utilitarian and simple. The 1.75 looks ABSURD it's so big and square grin.gif

The 1.75 looks ABSURD it's so big and square

I tend to agree. In fact, it's even worse from a utilitarian standpoint. My average-size, 62 year-old hands have difficulty pouring from that bottle, especially when the target is tippy and has a narrow opening (e.g. the Riedel bourbon glass). The only one I've ever owned forced me to hold it under my right arm as though I were stealing a chicken, while I steadied the glass with my left hand.

I have a similar complaint about the 1.75 of Elijah Craig 12 y/o. I think it looks fine, but it's difficult to pour from. The flange at the top of the neck adds to the problem.

Where the 1.75's are concerned, I think a handle is more important than maintaining the proportions and overall look of the 750 ml. bottle. I want a real handle, too, such as the one on the 1.75 of Wild Turkey 101. The indentations on the back of the 1.75 of Old Forester are much better than nothing, but still provide a grip that is a little too precarious for me.

Oh, the best looking, you ask? I just now did a quick scan of my open bottles and arrived at an odd conclusion. The two I like best, and just about equally well, are very different -- Rock Hill Farms and Eagle Rare SB 10 y/o.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

The 1.75 looks ABSURD it's so big and square

I tend to agree. In fact, it's even worse from a utilitarian standpoint. My average-size, 62 year-old hands have difficulty pouring from that bottle,

OTOH, if you are ME, the 1.75 fits perfectly in your hand (and makes a great flask in my 48" 36inseam jeans lol.gif) BTW the guy who sold me my S&W 500M asked if I wanted an ankle holster for it for concealed carry

post-1081-14489812149322_thumb.jpg

My vote for favorite bottle has to go to Buffalo Trace. It just looks like a whiskey bottle. Extra points go to the details like the "ripped paper" label, the buffaloes imprinted on the neck band, and the cork stopper (a great bottle has to be corked).

Going in another direction, whereas the Knob Creek and Elijah Craig 1.75's ARE absurd, I just can't believe that the Blanton's bottle contains 750ml. skep.gif It looks so small! confused.gif

toast.gif

JOE

Another of my favorites is the I.W. Harper 15yr bottle with the gold vein swirl design. Besides having my last name on it, I think it will make an awesome looking bar lamp. I plan to fill it with black sand after it is empty.

Thomas

I like the BT Antique bottles. They are simple, yet seem to portray what I would think an old whiskey bottle would look like back in the day.

I can just see Clint taking a swig from a Stagg bottle in Unforgiven. what a great movie. Still in my top 5 of all time.

I like the VWFRR bottle. But I drink a lot of armagnac as well, so that's a very sensible one.

But what I really like, is anything with a screwcap. Easy travel!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.