Buffalo Trace

hgarn
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello. I have been looking for a botle of Buffalo Trace,

haven't found it yet. What can I expect to pay for a bottle if I ever find one?? Thanks. stickpoke.gif

I had the same problem. I am out here in California which does not receive shipments of it yet. Best advice I can give is order online from a company like Binny's. I think it's 18 dollars or so and shipping isn't that expensive.

Binny's is a great place to find Buffalo Trace and many other single barrel products that Brett has personally selected. Out in CA, you may want to try www.applejack.com. They are closer and perhaps the freight will be less. Still, Binny's is hard to beat.

Ken

Someone does need to explain the lack of BT out here in Southern California. To here about the fine quality and then be "shut out" is a bit disappointing.

Utah is not very original when it comes to selection. Our stores are state operated but they do bring in BT and ER. The BT is going for $19.99 for 750 ml and the ER is at $26.99 again only in 750 ml.

Don't give up don't ever give up.

Binny's is a great place to find Buffalo Trace and many other single barrel products that Brett has personally selected. Out in CA, you may want to try www.applejack.com. They are closer and perhaps the freight will be less. Still, Binny's is hard to beat.

I'll second the comments on Binnys from an International viewpoint as well. They've always been professional, helpful and friendly in my dealings with them. The only draw-back is the cost of shipping and customs to get bottles to my door frown.gif

Oh, and my next order....definately another bottle of Buffalo Trace yum.gif and my first bottle of Elmer T Lee wink.gif

Utah is not very original when it comes to selection. Our stores are state operated but they do bring in BT and ER. The BT is going for $19.99 for 750 ml and the ER is at $26.99 again only in 750 ml.

Let's hear it for Buffalo Trace in Utah! Same price as Jim Beam Black and (to me) a lot tastier.

John

But the impressive thing about Utah state stores is that they bring in Rittenhouse Rye ($12.99).

I just found that there's a state store a few blocks from my Murray, Utah clients. Utah may be the closest source to California for this elixir.

Roger

• 1 month later...

Bump...

Buffalo Trace has invaded St Louis finally! Today found it at Lukas Liquor superstore and at the Wine and Cheese Place. On a sad note, the former home of my bottle of WT 12 split label, Brown Derby Wines and Spirits, is closing its doors and only had a couple of bottles of its house brand left among the empty shelves. Sad to see a bottle shop close.

Actually, the store where I get my VanWinkle deals has it for less than 16 bucks a bottle. Good deal for me and the city of St Louis!

I know I read somewhere that Buffalo Trace was possibly limited in distribution, is that why I can find just about every other BT product but cannot find Trace itself in California?? confused.gif

I know I read somewhere that Buffalo Trace was possibly limited in distribution, is that why I can find just about every other BT product but cannot find Trace itself in California?? confused.gif

That is probably why.

Joe usflag.gif

Christian,

You are right, the scarcity of Buffalo Trace has precluded us from entering the CA market. If we put just a limited amount in the state, we would catch more flack than it is worth. When we get our supplies up, we will definitely be there!

Ken

Christian,

You are right, the scarcity of Buffalo Trace has precluded us from entering the CA market. If we put just a limited amount in the state, we would catch more flack than it is worth. When we get our supplies up, we will definitely be there!

Ken

Christian has no BT - at least for now, but he definitely hit the bigtime over the weekend by acquiring 2 bottles of Pappy 23 out there in CA.....good for him! smile.gif

We know BT is working overtime these days to meet the demand. I for one (and I think it is safe to speak for many others here), are in great appreciation of your efforts and fine products. We look forward with patient expectation for your continued success for many, many years. bowdown.giftoast.gifthankyousign.gifthankyousign.gifthankyousign.gif

Was very lucky in finding a bottle of Buffalo Trace in a package store. B.T. is not available in state run ABC stores. Usually the package store buys from the ABC normal stock. So to find it for sale anywhere in Alabama is highly unusual. I think the state needs to move out the rock gut and put in a full line of the quality Buffalo Trace Products.

Was very lucky in finding a bottle of Buffalo Trace in a package store. B.T. is not available in state run ABC stores. Usually the package store buys from the ABC normal stock. So to find it for sale anywhere in Alabama is highly unusual. I think the state needs to move out the rock gut and put in a full line of the quality Buffalo Trace Products.

A couple of times in the past, I have considered an opportunity to relocate to your beautiful state. However, my longstanding impressions are now changing & it is beginning to sound like I would not have stayed too long. ohgeez.gif

usflag.gif Wayne

Christian,

You are right, the scarcity of Buffalo Trace has precluded us from entering the CA market. When we get our supplies up, we will definitely be there!

Ken

Ken, As you shore up your supplies of Buffalo Trace, are we going to find some of the "lesser" brands disappearing? In particular the AAA that we pick up everytime we are in KY?

Ken, As you shore up your supplies of Buffalo Trace, are we going to find some of the "lesser" brands disappearing? In particular the AAA that we pick up everytime we are in KY?

Ken said on a different thread that AAA was more or less a goner. I don't know if he said completely, but most states won't get it anymore.

Over the summer AAA was very scarce on the shelves in Louisville, however when I was there over the holidays, it was back in full force.

Ken

Please confirm that AAA 10 YO is NOT going away? If it is I will need to place a very large Binnys order.

I almost hate to answer this question since the information I have is not positive. Some of our older brands are running a bit short on inventory as we divert more into newer brands. AAA 10 year is one such example. You can currently find AAA in Kentucky and Virginia. Some other states may still have some on the shelves, but once it is gone, it will be a long time before they get any more (a few years). You should be able to find a supply at Binnys (www.binnys.com) however.

Ken

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.