Wild Turkey Heritage Single Barrel...where to get?

BarItemsPlus1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Can someone provide some information on this particular release of Wild Turkey and where I can purchase some.

Cheers toast.gif

Troy.

Wild Turkey Heritage is sold exclusively at DFS Galleria duty free shops.

You can only shop there with an international ticket to leave the country in which the shop is located.

post-207-14489812147928_thumb.jpg

Very Nice!!! blush.gif

Although I think I know someone who may just be able to get one of these for me(hmm maybe two grin.gif)

Thanks Barrel Proof, that was some really helpful info!!

Do you know what they are selling for?

Thanks for the speedy reply too, appreciate it!

Cheers toast.gif

You can only shop there with an international ticket to leave the country in which the shop is located.

I wonder if it is possible to shop there and pay the local taxes, if you aren't intending to leave? Or, is that something that they won't bother with due to bureaucratic hassles?

You must be leaving the country on flight. You purchase product and they hand you ticket/receipt. As the plane boards, they hand you liquor.

Yes, the Duty Free market is a different kettle of fish all together. To shop in a Duty Free store you need to produce an International airline ticket, totally different to the retail market.

So if I can't have my sources get a bottle or two then I will just get a few myself when I travel in April. grin.gif

Wow. They really want to make sure you leave the country with it! Very different from my experience in Manchester, England - I just showed them my boarding pass at the counter, paid up, and walked out the store with my liter of Aberlour 10yo. In a matter of hours, I was back in Chicago.

Had I known more about Scotch, and known that the Aberlour 10 wasn't particularly rare on this side of the ocean, I probably would have picked something different, but can't complain too much - it was a very good introduction to whisk(e)y, and reasonably priced to boot.

I wonder if it is possible to shop there and pay the local taxes, if you aren't intending to leave? Or, is that something that they won't bother with due to bureaucratic hassles?

Nope, that won't work. I tried it once, and got a rather nasty and petulant response.

If you go to San Juan P.R., upon your return stop at the Duty free. Even though it's a U.S. possesion, you may shop there.And no passport. I wonder if it's the same in Baja Calif. Not a possession, but no passport needed either. I do know many who buy their meds their, and when I was there I picked up some things. Chaz

Wow. They really want to make sure you leave the country with it! Very different from my experience in Manchester, England - I just showed them my boarding pass at the counter, paid up, and walked out the store with my liter of Aberlour 10yo. In a matter of hours, I was back in Chicago.

I think every airport or shop has a different method. I picked up WT Freedom at San Jose Intl and took it out of the shop myself. If I recall correctly they asked for my passport and ticket. At San Francisco Intl, I think they give it to you at the gate.

During a different trip I tried to enter a DFS shop in Chicago during a stop over from Zurich to San Jose, but was denied entrance. I tried to argue that I was still in transit on an international flight from Zurich to San Jose, but they didn't buy it. Of cousre I really wasn't, but I had to try. grin.gif

so basically you can only buy when leaving the U.S., so you would have to lug this stuff around with you and then bring it back on the return flight??? Is there a way to get it on the way back to the U.S. from out of country?

Also what is the limit on number of bottles?

I have a friend going to Bangkok and I want to take advantage of the DFS. thanks. GReg.

Wild Turkey Heritage is sold exclusively at DFS Galleria duty free shops.

duh, ok i see that you have to be leaving the country the store is located in. but if anyone can answer what the limit on bottles is I would appreciate. thanks.

I would assume every country is different in the allowable limits on Duty Free.

For instance in Australia it is around 2 - 2.5L of alcohol is allowed to be entered into the country(has to be on you) and be free from Duty, which in Australia the duty on alcohol is about $AU62/L of alcohol and there are more calculations on top of that tax frown.gif to give the final duties paid on a bottle of alcohol. That is why you will find nearly every Australian International traveller whether they drink or not, gets Duty Free Alcohol and cigarettes(huge taxes on these also). Your local customs website should be able to provide the info your looking for banghead.gif

Hope I could help, Cheers toast.gif

duh, ok i see that you have to be leaving the country the store is located in. but if anyone can answer what the limit on bottles is I would appreciate. thanks.

BIP1 hit it but the limit is not the Duty Free shop's. They will sell you whatever you want. The limit is getting it into whereever you are headed, which, of course varies.

For the rest, you pay whatever they ask shocked.gif

Ken

Another limit here is the maximum that you can take on an airplane. This sems to be 5L for most airlines(might be a federal limit as well) and of course it needs to be under 140 proof otherwise it becomes "Hazardous Material". Watch that Stagg.

Being married to a Travel Agent, we tend to travel overseas twice a year on average, and Jen usually does another 2 or 3 trips a year for work.

I very rarely buy duty free alcohol now - unless there is something I specifically want or I'm getting it for someone else. Usually I try and buy something from the local shops at our destination.

When I came back from New Zealand in August, Australian Customs were VERY specific that they would charge if my allowance was over 2.25 litres, and they'd charge for the whole lot. They don't care if it's a duty free purchase or a legitimate purchase in another country either. I'd purchased 3 750ml bottles of Bourbon, so was under the limit - just.

And most people over-imagine how much duty they'll pay on anything over the 1-liter duty-free limit when returning to the U.S. It's only 3% of your actual purchase price. So, for example, if you bring back two bottles you buy at $75 and $100, exempt the $100 one with your duty-free allowance, and pay $2.25 duty on the second bottle. Now, that didn't hurt too much, did it?

Of course, I wouldn't buy a bunch of bottles on the first leg of a multi-country trip because I wouldn't want to risk paying a tax over and over again every time I enter another jurisdiction.

ok good, so the U.S. limit is 1 liter. thanks.

so basically what I am trying to figure out is what is the best way to have a friend that is going to Bangkok get me some DFS bourbon.

I guess what I need to do first is get her itinerary to figure out where she would hit the last DFS shop. that way she would't have to lug the stuff around and also be exposed to possbily multiple tax points along the trip.

ok good, so the U.S. limit is 1 liter.

Officially that is the max before paying tax, but I don't think it's enforced. On my last trip to Japan, which is often a stop over to Bangkok, I brought back well over that and declared all the items. I paid $0. I don't think they want to deal with the forms for a few dollars. Just don't hide it. Most Asia Pacific Int'l Airports should have some type of a DFS shop.

Cliff posted the weblink before, but here is link:

DFS Galleria

The WT Heritage is exclusive to them. Not all Duty Free stores are DFS Galleria's.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.