Help with Peregrin Bourbon

ChuckMick
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I know that with all of the knowledgeable people in this group someone will be able to tell me a little of the history of this brand.

I have a bottle of bourbon with a red tax stamp across a screw top. It is in a one liter bottle and has a UPC bar code on the neck band along with Kentucky Straight 90 proof bourbon whiskey one liter 33.8 FL OZ. The bottom of the front label has distilled and bottled by Columbia Distributing Corp Bardstown Kentucky. The back label has some information on the Peregrine Falcon and how this bourbon has a lot of the attributes of the bird and a government warning label. No age statementThe bottle bottom has an 89 and a 37 on it so I assume it is ~1990

Any information would be welcome. thankyousign.gif

post-1222-14489812149472_thumb.jpg

The UPC is Heaven Hill. I suspect that it is a private label of some sort - perhaps for a supermarket.

I have a bottle of bourbon with a red tax stamp across a screw top. ...The bottle bottom has an 89 and a 37 on it so I assume it is ~1990

Is it a true government tax stamp or just an imitation strip seal? You are probably right about the "89" being the date of manufacture of the bottle, but that is late for tax stamps, I think.

There are better experts here than I, so I am sure you will get more information.

Jeff

This was bottled at Heaven Hill. It's been over a decade since I seen it.

We (folks who work in the bottling dept.) call the strips on the top of the bottle a "strip stamp" the other stamps that are sorta like decals affixed to the side or the face of a bottling are called "state stamps"...

The corked jugs such as the Evan Williams Master Ditiller's Select, Henry Mckenna have faux strip stamps...The Old Whiskey River and the Henry McKenna Single Barrel has one for decoration on top of a shrink wrap grin.gifgrin.gif other than that we don't use them any more...

We used the faux strip stamps clear into the early 90's. We modified the capper's and changed the glass to accept the TE caps---a guess on the exact year? It's either late 92 or early 93. The date on the bottom is probably the most accurate way to tell the age of a bottling and the "size" of the government warning tells a tale too.

Julian date, is the most accurate way to tell the "exact" day that bourbon was put into that bottle. They started using it in the mid 90's...it's jet printed on the side of "almost" every bottling that goes out the door. Especially useful if a recall was mandatory. Exact bottles could be pulled from the shelves.

Bettye Jo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.