Rock Hill Farms

alphaiii
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I saw this for 29.99 today at a local store. I know a few users here have praised it, but I passed on it this time. Should I be going back to the store soon to scoop up a bottle at that price?

If I were going to get one of the following 3 bottles, which do you think I should choose?

Rock Hill Farms

Wild Turkey Russell's Reserve 90 Proof

Knob Creek

Ignore the cost, since it's not really an issue with these, since the Rock Hill is so reasonbly priced. And keep in mind that I do not like Wild Turkey Rare Breed (I know, don't kill me)

If it were me, I would be going back to get the Rock Hill. I have never had it and am most anxious to try it. I like Knob Creek and recommend you try it sometime if not right away.

Ed

By all means get the Rock Hill Farms. It's one of my favorite bourbon's, and that price can't be beat.

It usually costs me somewhere in the high $30s to low $40s, so the price for you is certainly good. I've had it described to me as a very luxurious bourbon, and I can't find any disagreement with that description!

I agree with all the others; IMHO, the best of those three, usually at $10-15 more a bottle. Great price.

Bob

Definitely pick up the RHF. It's $50 here in Seattle, and even at that price is one of my favorites.

Thanks for the replies all. I'll pick up a bottle of Rock Hill Farms the next time I'm at the liquor store, which will probably be this weekend. I usually go once or twice a week to scope for sales.

Ed, I've actually had Knob Creek and I do like it. I just included that in the list as a comparison. Since everyone has recommended RHF over it, I'm pretty convinced I'll be getting a good bourbon. Plus, it seems I should take advantage of such a good price.

And keep in mind that I do not like Wild Turkey Rare Breed (I know, don't kill me)

Well if you're going to blaspheme so am I. I love Wild Turkey 101, and I love Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit. They are clearly among my favorites. But I was not all that impressed with Rare Breed. I think it was good, but I like the WT 101 better.

Rock Hill Farms is made by Buffalo Trace. With the exception of Stagg, I tend to stay away from high priced Buffalo Trace products. The reason is that "Buffalo Trace" is so good, and it doesn't cost that much even after paying UPS charges from Chicago.

So I've never had Rock HIll Farms. Can somebody tell me how it compares to "Buffalo Trace."

Greenbob

I would buy all the RHF I could afford at $30. I paid $52 for my bottle at a large store in Kentucky. It is among the five or ten best bourbons I have ever had.

Tim

Well, for all of you who recommended I pick up a bottle of RHF...Thank you!!!

I got a bottle earlier today and I just tried it a few minutes ago. This is some damn good stuff. I definitely put it in my top 5 bourbons along with Eagle Rare 10, Van Winkle 12, Eagle Rare 17, and Buffalo Trace (or maybe Elmer T Lee).

Granted, I haven't tried a ton of bourbons, but this is definitely among the best I've had.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.