What's on your shelves for drinking/collecting?

BarItemsPlus1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Here's your opportunity to show off bigeyes.gif(modestly of course-no big heads!!) your collections. Don't be afraid to list even the most modest collection and remember everything/anything goes here, so if you have whisky(Bourbon,Scotch,Irish, etc...) take a photo and post it here.

Here is my Scotch for collecting....(I will drink a couple of these bottles-not the top ones though!!

wink.gifshocked.gif

post-1210-14489812151468_thumb.jpg

No photoshop, just paint to stitch the 3 pics together. This is 100 bottles and I'm up to 130 now. drink.gif

390888.jpg

The only thing I collect are the Balvenie Vintage casks and I have them all except the 1952 (about $9K) and the 1964 which I'll get as soon as I find one. grin.gif

Did you end up acquiring the Balvenie Rum Wood? and Islay cask?

oh thanks for the tip too grin.gif, cheers!

toast.gif

I have an Isley Cask and was just looking for another. I have contacts in the UK just 20 km from Balvenie if my dealer can't come up with a RumWood sans VAT. While I know you have it in stock going from OZ to the east coast of the US isn't my first choice.

Did you end up acquiring the Balvenie Rum Wood? and Islay cask?

oh thanks for the tip too grin.gif, cheers!

toast.gif

Are one of those two white label Cardhu's the old 70 proof version? I have an open one and it really needs at least the extra 10 or 16 proof of the newer versions. I've heard the new release will be at 86 proof. One can always hope.

Hey I noticed some Black Bottle back there, is it good enough to search out? I've heard it come into the states but have yet to manage to run across a bottle.

That is a UK version of Black Bottle 10 and if you are an Islay fan it is one of the big three vatted malts to get. The others are Peat Monster and Big Smoke. While you can't get Big Smoke in the states, or if you can I can't find anything on it, the other two are fairly easy to find in the US. So to answer your question, yes I think it is worth it.

Thanks, I've been wondering about that one for a while. My scotch budget is inversely proportional to my bourbon budget and therefore it seems to be quite a stretch to afford the good Bowmores and Lagavulins I like.

Hi Barturtle,

My scotch budget is inversely proportional to my bourbon budget and therefore it seems to be quite a stretch to afford the good Bowmores and Lagavulins I like.

I hear you there. Compounded by the fact that good scotch is expensive. I have never had a bottle of Lagavulin even though I really like it. Every time I have considered a purchase I have gone home with two or there bottles of bourbon instead.

Ed

Hi AVB,

I have been eyeing a Black Bottle for a long time. I will have to pick it up one day soon.

Ed

That is a UK version of Black Bottle 10 and if you are an Islay fan it is one of the big three vatted malts to get. The others are Peat Monster and Big Smoke. While you can't get Big Smoke in the states, or if you can I can't find anything on it, the other two are fairly easy to find in the US. So to answer your question, yes I think it is worth it.

Hi - I don't want to split hairs (and I could be wrong), but I think Black Bottle is a blend rather than a vatted malt. It contains malt from the distilleries of Islay with some grain too. Very nice indeed.

No you are correct, my mistake on the Black Bottle. Still good stuff no matter what. drink.gif

Hi - I don't want to split hairs (and I could be wrong), but I think Black Bottle is a blend rather than a vatted malt. It contains malt from the distilleries of Islay with some grain too. Very nice indeed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.