Quick question on Maker's Mark bottling

Brennan77
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My uncle just got back from his Kentucky trip with pictures from the various tours. At the maker's mark tour, he got a picture of a bottle that was intentionally dipped deeper than the rest, I suppose as a novelty for customers. What do they call this?

Also, he just came home with Mr. Charles Cowdery's book, "Bourbon, Straight", which he received as a gift in a business meeting. smile.gif

A while back Maker's used to have an advertising campaign using these bottles, the caption said "oops"-hence most people I know(in Louisville, KY) call them Oops Bottles

I've even heard of retailers pulling these out of rotation and saving for special customers or selling on e-bay themselves.

At the distillery, your uncle could have "dipped his own" bottle. He would have also had the opportunity to create his own slam dunk, to the shriek of the tour guide and gift shop employees.

post-346-14489812157918_thumb.jpg

At the distillery, your uncle could have "dipped his own" bottle. He would have also had the opportunity to create his own slam dunk, to the shriek of the tour guide and gift shop employees.

He mentioned that. The problem is that you have to purchase a bottle to do so. Earlier that day he had received a Christmas dipped 1.75L bottle, so it wasn't like he was left wanting. I'm so glad he took this trip. I got to try Pappy's 20 last night, and boy was it good. A little birdy tells me I might be getting a bottle come Christmas. smile.gif

Misc-036.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.