Russell's Reserve 101

tsangster
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I was quite certain that I had bought the last bottle in town a month or so ago. This morning I stumbled across 6 or 8 dusty bottles in a liquor store I don't normally visit. They have 1 less bottle now (also 1 less 1.75 of OC 12). If anyone in the area is looking let me know and I'll point it out. I may grab another so that I can drink one now and set one aside for later.

Will the online liquor sales places deliver to SC? I've got a brother-in-law in Columbia that I see somewhat regularly and I've considered having some stuff shipped to him.

There's 6 or 7 bottles on the shelf at the local Bevmo in Concord, CA. I finished off the first bottle I bought this week, and have an unopened bottle to bring home when I return to New Orleans.

Will the online liquor sales places deliver to SC?

I think that they will. I am from NC and it is regulated, but go to SC a bit...a place called Frugal McDougals in Fort Mill, SC cause of their great selection. I think that SC is no longer state regulated to this regard. It would be worth it to check, though.

Still some in Atlanta, although I did notice another store had the 90 last week. If anoyone really wants it, pm me and I'll tell you where. I think I have enough for my pruposes.

Bob

SC has privately owned liquor stores, but I don't think you can ship wine or liquor directly. For another 9 days or so liquor in bars and restaurants must be served in minibottles - but this will change on January 1. The laws are pretty idiosyncratic from state to state.

Craig

I'd forgotten about the "No Free Pour" law in SC. Always seemed kind of strange to me.

Then again, in Murphy, NC you can buy any liquor that's available at the ABC but don't ask for a six pack of beer. Niether is available at restaurants. Who knew you could eat baby back ribs without beer?

Does seem strange how different each State is. In Washington State, the State operates the liquor stores, you can buy beer and wine anywhere...but not Spirits. And they are not open on Sundays, which for a few smaller "test" stores is changing in the New Year.

In WA. Costco has tried to file a suit against the State, because they (Costco) are required by the State to purchase wine and beer through distributors, they cannot go to the manufacturers. My in laws always bring home bottles from AZ. Because it is almost ½ price compared to what they pay here. Kind of an interesting article

here about the subject.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.