a different Elmer T Lee

cas
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I picked up a bottle of 90 proof Elmer T Lee today, black label, tall rectangular bottle, about $12. I vaguely recall seeing a photo of this in a thread, but I couldn't pinpoint it. Anyone have any info on this release? I figured for the price I couldn't go wrong... could I?

Craig

That's called the BUB (Butt Ugly Bottle). Hasn't been around for several years but you can occasionally find one.....Tim did a few days ago. Plenty of posts on it here.....Search BUB and you'll probably find them. Should taste just fine.

Randy

This past summer I scored 4 of these in their cardboard outer boxes, for $5 each. I found them in a duty free shop in Puerto Rico.

Yup - that's it. I'll try it next to the current ET Lee for comparison. It is a pretty ugly bottle. Picked up a bottle of VA Gentlemen last week in VA. Now there's a pretty label.

Craig

Is my memory playing tricks with me or weren´t there two different BUB:s? One that was a SB and one that was not.

I know the time line is posted here somewhere....but no....there weren't two BUB's as far as single barrel is concerned. There ARE two BUB's differentiated only by the color of the glass. One was clear glass, the earlier version was a dark glass.

Dawn

I might be getting this confused with the AAA barrel 107 but wasn't there a higher proof version of ETL in the BUB at one time?

Just checked Regan's book and it was 90 then(1996) don't think they would have changed it so soon(introduced in 1992), so I'm probably wrong.

I found this on Linda & John Lipman´s page :

There are actually two bottlings called Elmer T. Lee available, the single-barrel bottling at 90 proof and a 107 proof Elmer T. Lee (not single-barrel) that is no longer made and is very hard to find

Maybe that´s were I read about it first but I can´t shake off the notion that I´ve seen a picture of it, as well. If I remember right it looked like the SB but (obviously) without the words "single barrel" on the front label.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.