Bernheim Original

nysquire
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just bought a bottle of Bernheim Original...

I've never seen this. Nice nose, mild to the pallette.

Has that Heaven Hill appeal behind it....

Do they make other bourbons? If so, what? toast.gif

Bernheim Original is made by Heaven Hill, so their list of bourbons is quite long. Bernheim is not a bourbon, it's a wheat whiskey, ie. 51% or more wheat instead of 51% or more corn. It's new. I haven't opened mine yet, but look forward to it when my whisk(e)y drinking guests get in town for New Years

Thanks, I realized this after I wrote that post....

I was reading the Bottle and to my surprise, NOT bourbon...

Oh well I'll put it next to my Pappy and Sazerac Rye's....

Life is GOOD and the whisky gettin Better....

• 2 months later...

Ordinarily I prefer a lot of rye (I'm still savoring my last bottle of BT 18 yr Rye), but Berheim is great when I'm in the mood for something soft. Don't know if I'll go out of my way to keep it in my cabinet, especially given the price ($38.50), but it is a nice break from the routine.

• 9 months later...

Just finished a bottle of Bernheim Original Kentucky Wheat Whiskey and I must say that I was impressed. Quite different from my usual bourbons. It was on special at my local store for $25; otherwise, I doubt I would have shelled out the $39.50 they usually ask.

I found that it makes a great Old Fashioned, is very smooth on the rocks, but only "good" neat.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.