Gonna try Pappy Van Winkle 15 YO tonite.......

BrbnBorderline
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've been wanting to try this 15 YO 107 expression for a long time. I'm a big fan of the Weller Antique bottling, so I'd like to see what another 8 years will do to it.

There were finally some bottles of this in Seattle, so I bought 3 shocked.gif 2 for me, and one as a Christmas gift for my Dad.

I also picked up a bottle of OGD 114, too. grin.gif

Anyone else giving bourbon as a gift this year? I gave a bottle of 1792 Ridgemont Reserve to a couple budding bourbon drinkers at the office. 70358-devil.gif

: Anyone else giving bourbon as a gift this year? I gave a bottle of 1792 Ridgemont Reserve to a couple budding bourbon drinkers at the office. 70358-devil.gif

I gave my boss a bottle of WT Freedom. We have enjoyed this one on several international trips together so I know he likes it a lot. The fact that it is now super rare made it the pefect gift. He was happy when he opened the package.

Anyone else giving bourbon as a gift this year?

I'm taking a bottle of ORVW 10 107 Lawrenceburg(S-W stock) to a friend who's been suffering in NC with AAA 10STAR. I feel so sorry for him. And so they don't have to open it while I'm there I'm taking a similar bottle of the 90 that I have open and some VWFRR to share.

Then they come back here for New Years and we're gonna open some more and really get into the "spirit" of things. falling.gif

This year I converted my boss from SMSW to Bourbon. He now owns his own bottles of the VanWinkle line, the Antique collection, Hirsch, Russells Reserve and Weller Antique.

For Christmas...I found a bottle of Pappy 23 for his wife to give to him...and I gave him the gift of something new to his liquor cabinet....Wild Turkey 12yr old. I'm sure to be his favorite employee!

Dawn

Wow! That 15 YO Van Winkle is good! Dangerously good! yum.gif

But I am suspicious of one thing - the bottle says it's 107 proof. But there is no burn like the Weller Antique[which I like], so is it really 107 proof? skep.gif

If it truly is 107 Proof, WOW! It's dangerous.

toast.gif

Perhaps the 7 tear aging vs the 15 year aging took some burn away?

I had a similar experince with Booker's and Stagg. I think Booker's has a lot more sting than Stagg or WLW 19 for that matter.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.