Where can I get Burke & Barry Bourbon?

starship
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

My father-in-law likes Burke & Barry Bourbon and now it appears that the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board and also stores in New Jersey no longer carry it. I can find no web site for Burke & Barry products either. Does anyone know if Burke and Barry still produces it (has not discontinued it) and where I might find some for him. What can I say..the man has his taste. Regards.

Welcome, Starship,

I have no specific knowledge, but do have a suggestion.

Burke and Barry is a David Sherman brand. A quick search of the Sherman site didn't turn up bourbon, but blended whiskey. Do both versions exist, or does your father-in-law drink the blended whiskey?

AFAIK, little is known about who distills and ages each of the products that Sherman markets, but conventional wisdom is that Heaven Hill supplies a very large percentage of the bulk whiskey that goes to labels like this.

It might be fun to buy a few known Heaven Hill products of similar price and have a taste test. It wouldn't cost much, and you and your father-in-law might find almost the exact taste profile of Burke and Barry, or one you like better.

Roger

post-981-14489812168248_thumb.jpg

Thanks Roger,

You know, it may in fact be blended whiskey. I could have sworn it was bourbon (even my wife thought that too) but the largest bottle in the picture you sent did look surprisingly the same as I recall to the one my father-in-law brought with him to our Thanksgiving Day dinner..his last bottle apparently. I may take you up on the Heaven Hill idea....or maybe even contact Sherman directly and see if I can get the scoop from them. I did not know it was a Sherman product so thank you for that!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.