Sampler Tickets

BourbonJoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just ordered mine online at the KBF site. You can go to the KBF site from the link on SB.com homepage, select Events and click on the link under Bardstown Civil War Sampler to order online. They take Visa and MC.

BTW, price this year is $30 a ticket, but that's still a bargain.

Well, darn it, Dane! Now Joe's gonna want to visit his bourbon once he gets that close! lol.gif

Yes, that and also to visit (revisit) with all you fine people.

Joe usflag.gif

just ordered 2 tickets for Trina & I, going be a great way to celebrate my 40th Bday!

Well, Well, Well...

I'll bake a special cake for ya and bring it to the Sampler...

Ahhh blush.gifgrin.gif...ahh skep.gifgrin.gif...how many dancing girls did ya want to pop out of it? lol.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Bettye Jo

Hi Joe,

I know you asked if I would be there....but, I still have not taken the time to check into getting more info on the date(s) and tickets. Does anyone recommend a hotel/motel or two where to stay?

I assume all info is available somewhere here in the Forum homepage(?). I would really love to come! I am sure that I would not know how to act around all of the experts, affectionados, and wealth of knowledge that will be present including yourself. However, I do know for sure the experience & learning that I would glean from attending would be worth 100X the cost of the trip & ticket. smile.gif

usflag.gif Wayne

I am sure that I would not know how to act around all of the experts, affectionados, and wealth of knowledge that will be present including yourself.

Wayne, all I can say is just be yourself. The great thing about this group is that there is no pretention here. Jeff added a link to the General Nelson, home of the infamous Gazebo, and pretty much SB Central. Hopefully we will be able to secure the trolley again this year which picked us up at the GN parking lot last year. While not all guests at the hotel are SB.com, you'll probably be able to pick us out more easily as SB.com wear, tshirts, hoodies and such is much more common. Many of us have extended the one night sampler into a two night affair starting on Friday night as well. Hopefully you can make it at least for the Sampler on Saturday night and if so I look forward to meeting you and any other new members. toast.gif

Dane,

Thanks very much for your kind invitation as well as the info. At this point in time unless something upsets my plans, I will be there. I cannot think of anything in 2006 right now that I am looking forward to more than this gathering. By that time, I'll plan to have a SB.com tshirt or hoodie as well.

Thanks again thankyousign.gif

usflag.gif Wayne

G'day people grin.gif

Is it possible to purchase tickets to the sampler a few days before the event?? And is there a limit on tickets??

I have still yet to plan my trip, I'm pretty good at leaving things to the last minute....lol, but if I can get there for the sampler I would very much like to meet and greet and drinking.gif with all SB.com'ers attending the event.

Cheers toast.gif

Regards,

Troy.

P.S. Any chance someone would like to make an Aussie Flag Graemlin?? stickpoke.gif go on - maybe some other flags too?

In years past you could buy tickets at the event, but they have always contended that there is a limit to the number of tickets. As the event keeps getting bigger every year (no doubt due to the influx of our growing community) I would think that it's better to be safe than sorry, especially if you're coming halfway around the world. Of course, if a person weren't able to procure tickets at the door, there are other things a person could do in Bardstown prior to the after-Sampler Gazebo....

after-Sampler Gazebo....

cool.gif I am gathering a few goodies....that if I am able to get there I will be bringing along a few of these to put on the table....

I hope that I see you all there grin.gif

Cheers!

Troy,

Bar Items Plus, Australia.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been told that due to unexpected heavy ticket sales the Venue for the Sampler will be changed from the Civil War Museum this year. If I understand correctly it will be held out by the Bluegrass Parkway by the Days Inn at a place that was known as "Hillbilly Heaven".

Ordered my ticket online today (funny thing, but the Festival website would not respond to my Opera browser -- which has Java, Flash, et al installed -- yet worked immediately with Firefox. Will investigate further...).

Thanks for the reminder.

How sad, the museum really got a boost from the Sampler with all the extra traffic and subsequent donations. I must remember to drop by there anyway over the weekend.

• 1 month later...
How sad, the museum really got a boost from the Sampler with all the extra traffic and subsequent donations. I must remember to drop by there anyway over the weekend.

This was in my mailbox :grin:

Last year, some of the door pirze winner's were from SB.com...Jeff, Fred and Tim's boss, Scott :grin:

Bettye Jo

post-20-1448981230099_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Has anyone gotten their tickets in the mail yet?

I ordered mine, and got a confirmation letter stating the tickets would follow in early April when they were printed.

Anyone seen 'em yet?

Mike

Haven't seen my tickets, Mike. Don't worry, I forgot my tickets last year. When I arrived in Bardstown I stopped by the Office in the circle and picked up replacements.

Nothing but the confirmation letter for me either. Still plenty of time....almost.

Nothing but the confirmation letter for me either. Still plenty of time....almost.

I've never bought a ticket to the Sampler :grin: (in advance)...

Seems that every year, I don't have the time to stop in and pick it up :grin: :rolleyes: :grin:

One year, I bought a "extra" from Dane as we waited at the door to enter :grin: :grin: All the other times, I paid my admission at the door :grin: :grin:

I did something out of the ordinary this year :bigeyes: :cool: :cool: :cool: Last night, I called the General Nelson and reserved a room for us, Sampler night :grin: ...That way, we don't have to have a DD :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: I was suprised that they had any left :grin:

Bettye Jo

You're lucky. If you tried to register online they said there were none available. Opted for down the street. Hope I don't have to walk to far.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.