East Bay Area bourbon shopping

elkdoggydog
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey gang,

I've been lurking here for a little bit, enjoying the vast knowledge that is shared on these boards. I'm a grad student in Berkeley, recently transplanted from NC. I've seen some posts on here from folks in the Bay Area, and was wondering where y'all get your bourbon around here. I've found BevMo, but that's about it as far as decent selections I've come across. Given my status as a student, I don't have enough money or space to start a real collection, but I like to keep a nice selection of good bourbon around. Thanks for any feedback you might have,

Sam

Hey Sam,

Right there, in your current home town, is an establishment named Ledgers' Liquors on University Ave...Talk to Ed when you go in there...you might enjoy the "Wall-O-Bourbon" he has amassed over the last few years...

Then, come on down to the "study group" in Fremont on the third Saturday of this and every month to get filled in on how to access the other huntin' grounds....

Click HERE for more details and a history of past events.

Dougdog

Thanks Doug,

I dropped by Ledger's yesterday and talked to Ed for a bit. That man certainly knows his stuff, and the bourbon selection is impressive as well. It'll keep me busy for a good while. I snagged a WT RR 101 from him, figuring I should grab one when I found it. Ed was extremely friendly, and offered to look for OGD 114, since he didn't have it. Much cooler than the ABC stores I went to in NC, for sure. Thanks for the tip.

Sam

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.