Newbie..Hey guys!

Gassy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey now. This is my first post so go easy on me. My bourbon of choice is Maker's--last night I tried Evan Williams for the first time. A bit of a bite...

Christian.

I am still a newbie myself, and I can tell you these folks will be easy on you; they have great suggestions and information.

I too enjoy Makers, and it was the first Bourbon I had ever had. When the bottle emptied it led me here to see what I might like to try next, now I have a variety of 20 bottles…a self imposed limit I am taking a little good-natured grief over, and since they have been right about everything else so far, I imagine that limit will go by the wayside in short order as well.

I still enjoy Makers, but through this forum I have found such a variety of flavors it has opened up a whole new interest for me. Enjoy yourself, and welcome!

Welcome to the board, Christian.

I'm not sure which Evan Williams you tried, however I would suggest that since you like Makers, you might want to try some of the other wheaters. I would suggest that you give one of the Old Fitzgeralds a try, I would recommend the Old Fitz 1849 as a good place to start.

Best of luck

Hidden

Welcome

At a low price point, under $12 try Ancien Age and Wellers. I find both to be smooth and still tasty. For a little more Wild Turkey 80 and Old Charter 8YO.

Others will kick in with tons of advice.

Welcome

At a low price point, under $12 try Ancient Age and Wellers. I find both to be smooth and still tasty. For a little more Wild Turkey 80 and Old Charter 8YO.

Others will kick in with tons of advice.

Hi - I'm new here as well, north of the 49th parallel!

My regular is actually Jack Daniels but of true bourbons I've got to say my fave is Rockhill Farms and from the high proofs I like Booker's.

My wife and I were in KY last year for a week and spent time in Louisville, Clermont, Franklin County and Lexington - what beautiful countryside!

We went on the Buffalo Trace distillery tour - if you're ever in the area, I'd HIGHLY recommend it!

Cheers!

Thanks guys,,

I can't wait to tap in to all of your knowledge...hopefully soon I'll contribute to the board...

Christian.

Thanks guys,,

I can't wait to tap in to all of your knowledge...hopefully soon I'll contribute to the board...

Christian.

Welcome! I have not been here much longer than you - so you might still call me a newbie as well. Thus far, I have not only learned a great deal in a short amount of time but had a lot of fun as well......and, even more importantly I've made some really good friends along the way.

In addition to the bourbon already mentioned in previous messages in this thread, grab you a bottle of Buffalo Trace somewhere while you're at it. On average, it is only $3-5 dollars more than those already mentioned and you will be quite impressed. My advice at this point is not to worry about having too much/many bottles at one time - or open at one time. The more you try, the better it helps you begin to develop the tastebuds.....at least that has been my experience so far. I started out with 2 or 3 bottles open and now have about 8 from which to choose as well as quite a few more for the future located in what is commonly referred to here as the "bunker".

Again, Welcome Aboard! Let The Fun Begin!

Hi - I'm new here as well, north of the 49th parallel!

Let me add my welcome as well, and gently (pedantically?) point out that while you may figuratively be north of the 49th parallel, Georgetown is actually at latitude 43° 39' 35" North (and longitude 79° 55' 48" West).

(No professorial smilie on the new software?)

An added bit of geographic trivia: If you are in downtown Detroit, Michigan, and travel due south, what foreigh country will you first encounter? Cuba seems to be the most common guess, but surprisingly, it's Canada.

We enjoy going "south" to Windsor for dinner occasionally, although it's actually about 40 miles east from Ann Arbor.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled bourbon discussion.

Jeff

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.