Old Whiskey River

madal
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's a controversial bottling.

On one side there are those of us who liken its better characteristics to boiled cauliflower and broccoli.

On the other side some seasoned bourbonites (including Jim Butler and Chuck Cowdery, IIRC) find it passable. "Better than it needs to be", I think Chuck said.

Try it at your own risk, and let us know how you like it.

BTW, I dumped most of my bottle, and I found the guitar pick too stiff.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Leave it on the shelf for someone who doesn't know any better!

Dawn

It's 6yo Heaven Hill bourbon 'hand-picked by Parker Beam'. I guess he wanted to get it out of the warehouse.

Buy Evan Williams black label -- it, too, is from Heaven Hill, you get an extra year, to save a few extra dollars, and you like it a whole lot better.

The bourbon kinda sucks but if you can get a bottle of the Bourbon Creme they put out pick it up right away.

Also I've found that any bourbon that doesnt want to go down can be fixed by pouring an ounce of Wild Turkey Liqueor in the glass. I love the effect this liqueor has on bourbon. TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

Hack!! Pitou!!

sorry, it ranks right up there with Conecuh Ridge with me. Which is to say, it ain't even worth drowning in cola.

Try this exercise: Whiskey River

Replace the R with an L: Whiskey Liver

Now reverse the order of the name: Liver Whiskey

Now you have what I think of this bottling....

Just kidding, I find this bourbon to be tolerable but not memorable. You pay for the marketing hype associated with Willie's name.

Now think about this, picture Willie, forget about his music, and ask yourself if a whiskey associated with a man who looks like this shouldn't be swigged from a brown paper bag down by the railroad tracks....

Buy Evan Williams black label -- it, too, is from Heaven Hill, you get an extra year, to save a few extra dollars, and you like it a whole lot better.

x2

You're paying for Willie's name on the label.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.