Kentucky Bourbons

brewcrew
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have a friend coming to Chicago from KY and was looking for a little help. He has offered to bring several bottles of bourbon with him. For some reason the only thing I can think of that I can't get here at Sam's or Binny's that is available in KY is Four Roses. Does anyone have any suggestions for KY finds that they usually pick up when in KY? Thanks in advance.

Is the AAA BIB available anymore? I can get the AAA 86 proof at Binny's.

I was thinking there was a Heaven Hill product in KY I can't get but can't seem to track it down now.

I believe Very Rare Old Heaven Hill is KY only.

Others:

Very Old Barton

Four Roses SB

The Vintage Bourbon collection(17,21,23) from KBD may not be available in Chicago yet.

...I was thinking there was a Heaven Hill product in KY I can't get but can't seem to track it down now.

I believe the Very Rare Old Heaven Hill 10yo BIB -- a wonderful $11 bottle -- is available only in Kentucky. Other HH labels not widely seen elsewhere include Evan Williams 1793 and Old Fitzgerald 1849.

I believe Very Rare Old Heaven Hill is KY only.

Yes, the 10yo 100 proof BiB Very Rare Old Heaven Hill is a great bourbon for something like $10.

Others:

Very Old Barton

It's what makes horse races, of course, but I can't get into this despite it's being mentioned here occasionally as a good value. For my money, the above mentioned VROHH is way better.
Four Roses SB

Amen. My very favorite, number one bourbon ever was one of these. The next bottles I got weren't quite as good, but still top notch.

Jeff

Other HH labels not widely seen elsewhere include Evan Williams 1793 and Old Fitzgerald 1849.

Tim,

Did you mean Evan Williams 1783?

Joe :skep:

Just to second some already mentioned by others, Very Old Barton BIB and Four Roses Single Barrel would be at the top of my list.

Yup, the HH 10 is a great value. Quite a rye kick, but still has some complex flavors. Nothing in the price range comes close, save for maybe Old Charter 8.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.