Best three way bourbon.

EricABQ
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

By three way I mean straight, on the rocks, or cocktail.

For me, if I was going to serve bourbon to a group that included cocktail drinkers, on the rocks drinkers, and straight drinkers, I'd go with Woodford Reserve. When I drink bourbon on the rocks (about 25% of my bourbon consumption) this one really holds up well to the ice. It also tasted good mixed with sprite (something I did only as a test.) So, for me, WR is a real star as a multi-purpose bourbon.

I also like Woodford Reserve in mixed drinks. Try some Canada Dry ginger ale as a mixer. It makes a wonderful mixed drink!

Thomas

I agree, the roiling riot of flavours in WR makes it most suitable for mixing and blending. Pretty good on its own, too, although batches vary.

Gary

I also like Woodford Reserve in mixed drinks. Try some Canada Dry ginger ale as a mixer. It makes a wonderful mixed drink!

Thomas

Only had one bottle of WR and never tried it in cocktails. My normal "mixer and anything else is good too" choice is OGD BIB. I'm sure better bourbon makes a better mixer, but I just am not anxious to see anything much more expensive get mixed with Coke.

Bob

I'd say Buffalo Trace.... its good anyway you drink it. And at its price / value point, I don't feel bad about using it as a mixer.

I like to use the less expensive, but still respectable, bourbons to mix with diet coke or diet pepsi (I'm diabetic). Evan Williams products fit the bill just fine. Higher end stuff NEVER gets mixed with anything except perhaps a splash of water or a couple of cubes. JMO.

Joe :usflag:

I'd have to say either Evan Williams 7yo, Woodford Reserve or Makers Mark are the 3 most popular drops I'd consume all 3 ways most regularly.

(I don't make cocktails often, but I am still partial to a bourbon and coke)

Of course, when I want a blockbuster drink, I always use Bookers (it makes a real mean Bourbon and coke - one with real kick :D)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.