Glencairn Whiskey Glass

MTBottle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Any recommendations on where to buy these?

I just broke one of the two I own and would like to replace it. My searches online are only finding overseas retailers but I would prefer to buy here in the USA and hopefully save on shipping charges.

Thanks,

MT

Would you be interestd in Glencairn glasses from the Heaven Hill Distillery, complete with the HH logo or the logo of one of several HH bottlings?

If so, Bettye Jo (screen name: Boone) can give you a phone number to call to place an order. I had it, but I lost it. Come to think of it, it may be possible to order through the HH website, but it wasn't, back when I ordered mine.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

The phone number for the HH Bourbon Heritage Center...

:grin: :grin: 502 337-1000 :grin: :grin:

Yes, I would definitely be interested in Glencairn glasses from HH.

I checked their website but didn't find any info about them. Can I get some details before calling...like prices, shipping charges, which logos are available? Do all Glencairn glasses have the same design? I really like the ones I use now and I would like to buy the same type.

MT

Back during the holiday season, Binny's had Glencairns at their downtown Chicago store. I picked up a couple to add to the two I already had. The new ones are slightly different than my first two - the new glasses are flat on the bottom, where the old ones had a dip in the center. The new ones are easier to clean.

This is the only picture I could find with the glasses :grin: ...Hope this is what you are looking for?

post-20-14489812215721_thumb.jpg

That's exactly what I'm looking for! Do you know what they sell for and what logos are available?

That's exactly what I'm looking for! Do you know what they sell for and what logos are available?

Shoot...I have not bought one, all of my glasses were given to me :grin: Won a trivia contest and at the grand opening :grin: ...

Dave just bought some not long ago and so did Sweetmeats...They will tell us the price.

The logo's available, Evan Williams, Elijah Craig, Old Fitz., Henry McKenna and HH...

They use the Glencairn glasses in the "Taste of Heaven"---barrel shaped, tasting room, located inside the BHC :grin: That is where this picture was taken :grin:

I wish I could recall exactly (from December, 2004), but maybe I'll be close enough.

There were two prices. The HH glass is etched (I hope that's the right word), while the others are imprinted. I'll say the HH glass was $9 and the others $7, but I could be off a dollar either way.

BTW, judging from Bettye Jo's list, they've added one logo, the Old Fitz, since I bought mine. Now I don't have a complete set any more. :frown:

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Thanks for your help! I'll be calling the HH Heritage Center next week and placing an order!!

MT

The HH glass is etched (I hope that's the right word), while the others are imprinted.

I was mistaken in regard to the HH logo glass. The logo appears to be applied in the same manner as the other glasses. Now I wonder whether my memory of a difference in price is accurate.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Any recommendations on where to buy these?

I just broke one of the two I own and would like to replace it. My searches online are only finding overseas retailers but I would prefer to buy here in the USA and hopefully save on shipping charges.

You can buy them from the Malt Advocate magazine's web store for $19.99/pair plus shipping. https://www.maltadvocate.com/active_content/marketplace.asp

When these first came out, I got together orders from area readers of Distilled Beverage Digest, an now moribund listserve that I "owned," and our local homebrew store. I think we got orders for about 50, and the owner of my local wine store direct imported two cases (72 glasses) and sold the rest from the shelves.

As I recall, these cost us $6-7 each.

However, I have recently got two pair of Riedel "O" spirit and port glasses and far prefer these to the Glencairn glasses. The seem to enhance the flavor and aroma far better than the Glencairn. They aren't as clunky ugly, either, but they are thinner, so easier to break (I'm down to three.)

My wife got these for me from http://www.wineenthusiast.com for $14.95/pr. with free shipping.

Jeff

I love my HH Glencairn glass. The price was around 9. Shipping around 4. Please let us know how your ordering experience goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everybody! I got my new glasses yesterday and they are great! I bought the HH, the EC, and the EW to add to my one lone bourbon glass collection. The people and the service at the HH Bourbon Heritage Center were top notch.

MT

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.