Evan Williams SB on closeout in PA

MTBottle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I stopped in my local PA Wine & Spirits store today and seen a closeout price of $21.59 under the lone bottle of 1995 Evan Williams Single Barrel. Of course I grabbed it, it's not too often I see a closeout in PA on one of my favorites. I was happy to get a bargain but dissappointed to learn that Pennsylvania was closing out on this fine bourbon. I haven't even came across the '96 vintage yet! There is a '96, isn't there?

Any fellow Pennsylvanians know anything about this? Is EWSB no longer available anywhere or just here in PA?

Mark

I haven't even came across the '96 vintage yet! There is a '96, isn't there?Mark

Yep, the '96 is out in some places.....KY probably for sure and a few neighboring states. I have seen it here in the SW corner of TN....not many - 2 stores & 4 ir 5 bottles. The ones I have seen have a barrel date of 2/19/96 and were bottled on or around 12/15/05.

Sorry to hear of your loss PA of what is a fine bourbon. We seem to have a pretty good supply down here of the 95s. Also, still some 93s & 94s if one knows where to look.

Bought a bottle of '96 EWSB 3-4 weeks ago here in GA. Too many other open bottles in the cabinet right now. Haven't tried it yet.

You know I may be the only one, but I am not at all a fan of this EWSB I find it too smooth, too mellow, too weak, just all in all a bodyless charachterless bourbon - similar to Basil Hayden's, but I think BH may actually be better. Dear god, what am I saying!?!??!! Do I actually find EWSB weaker than BH???? :Clever: Maybe that is what some people love, but not me I guess.....

I agree with this assertion. EWSB is just kinda "there." I even bought another bottle just to make sure (both 1995) but my opinion didn't change at all.

Awesome- more for me. I haven't seen the '96 yet, but will grab a couple when I do. I'm enjoying the '95 for the exact reasons that some seem to dislike it- smooth, mellow, somewhat sweet. Thank God for variety.

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion, the EWSB '95 vintage is superior to the new '96 which is just being released. That is a shame, since for the past several years each year was slightly better than the last. I found the '96 EWSB way too smokey tasting and not as sweet as the '95 in side by side comparison testing. If you like this bourbon, I'd snatch up the remaining '95 bottles and skip the '96. Evan Williams 10yo with the screw-off cap is better and it only costs $9.99 a bottle.

The EWSB 1996 has begun to show up on store shelves in Ohio. 26.00 a bottle!

thomas

We're shipping as fast as we can...The EWSB is non stop :grin: We're doing our best to get it to ya faster...

We've been on 9 hr. mandatory overtime for awhile...and now...10 hours. We are not at "peak" season yet :bigeyes: ....Ya know you're giving it all ya got when 0-LINE---1.75 plastic--- has to wait for tanks. Pumping them dry faster than it takes to fill them :grin: :grin: No give or take there :grin: Performace at it's best :grin: That line has pumped out 11,000 cases in "one" (1) shift <----a little :cool: reference:grin:

I looked at the "progress sheets" last night before I clocked out :grin: Last Monday :grin: my line (D-LINE, 1.75 glass) produced 100% for the entire day. A FIRST :grin: I'm proud of my operators and line help...They do a fantastic job :grin:

Bettye Jo

I've had the '96 for a while, now. I've had the '94, '95, and '96.

The '94 and '96 are very similar, that I have had, while the '95 (IMO) was not nearly as good. I would reccomend the '94 or '96 to anyone.

Mike

I guess I'll give the '96 a try. The only one I ever tried was the '95 and I really didn't take to it.

I've had the '96 for a while, now. I've had the '94, '95, and '96.

The '94 and '96 are very similar, that I have had, while the '95 (IMO) was not nearly as good. I would reccomend the '94 or '96 to anyone.

Mike

I guess I'll give the '96 a try. The only one I ever tried was the '95 and I really didn't take to it.

I gave several of the series a try but will have to bow out to any more in the future. I'll be in the minority here for sure....but, they just ain't for me. In fact, all I have left is a half-full bottle of the '95. Found homes for the rest with some friends of mine. Anyhow, I have had a rocky road for years with the HH product line so it does not surprise me that I could not grow attached to them. Maybe just my funky tastebuds I suppose.

yeah I'm not sure. I really like Mckenna SB, but not so much EC 12.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.