Old Commonwealth-Who's the two guys?

BSS
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Maybe this is a dumb question but.....I have a bottle of Old Commonwealth; who are the two guys on the label? Or is it suppose to be just two random guys shaking hands?

Maybe this is a dumb question but.....I have a bottle of Old Commonwealth; who are the two guys on the label? Or is it suppose to be just two random guys shaking hands?

Probably Bush & Clinton......as you said, "two random guys shaking hands".

I assume you know that Old Commonwealth is a now-defunct bottling that Julian Van Winkle assures us contained the same bourbon as the ORVW 10/107 of that period. I still have one bottle squirreled away.

Neither of the gentlemen on the label bear any resemblance to any photos I've seen of any of the Van Winkles. I'd guess they were intended to resemble what the general public thinks Kentucky gentlemen, perhaps a father and son, judging from the contrasting colors of their hair, should look like.

Perhaps Julian will stop by with the actual answer.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

How old is this stuff? Anybody know? Since it's a Lawrenceberg, It must be better than than the normal Frankfort bottlings? yes or no?

Joe :usflag:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.