Wild Turkey 86.8

scratchline
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm looking for any information on a bottle of WT I picked up in Northern Arkansas. It appears to have been bottled in 1983 at 86.8 proof. It has no age statement. If anyone knows anything about this whiskey, I'd love to hear it. I'm wondering if Wild Turkey carried an 8 yr. age statement throughout its history? Is this a younger bottling?

Thanks.

-Mike

This might be similar to a 7 year 86.8 proof some of us tasted at D-Day July '05. You can read our notes here and in the posts preceding it (#49-53). Earlier in that thread is discussion about various WT products to be found on dusty shelves.

Roger

Thanks, Roger. That answers all my questions. Sounds like a great WT tasting. Now I just have to find the right occasion to crack open this bottle.

-Mike

Although that is an older bottle the current 86.8 bottling is now listed as Australia and New Zealand only. Both those places also get the 8yo 101, so I'm gonna guess it's younger-7 sounds good, but I'd guess the current is gonna be more like 6 (Talking to Jimmy one day, it seems like most of their bottlings are done at even years)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.