Very Very Old Fitzgerald

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I got an e-mail from a guy who has a chance to buy a case of 12-year-old Fitzgerald at $30 a bottle. He asked me if that was a good price. I said it was a fair price, but not a bargain. Anybody disagree?

- chuck

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I paid about $ 32 to $ 33 for my bottle. In my humble opinion, $ 30 is not much of a quantity discount.

Mark A. Mason, El Dorado, Arkansas

• 6 years later...
I got an e-mail from a guy who has a chance to buy a case of 12-year-old Fitzgerald at $30 a bottle. He asked me if that was a good price. I said it was a fair price, but not a bargain. Anybody disagree?

- chuck

Uh, well, I'll take four -- DOZEN!:lol:

Surely this was regarding VSOF 12 year and not the actual very very old fitz, right?

Christian, it was the VVOF -- but six years ago! I guess I could say ONLY six years ago.

Anyway, to avoid confusion, from here on out I'll just provide a link to those old posts if I find something I think might still be of interest as I tour the 'archive'.

Ah, you are the "culprit"!

For a short while I thought that I had travelled back in time. :grin:

When I entered the General section, it all seemed so weird.

Christian, it was the VVOF -- but six years ago! I guess I could say ONLY six years ago.

Anyway, to avoid confusion, from here on out I'll just provide a link to those old posts if I find something I think might still be of interest as I tour the 'archive'.

Sorry Tim, I was under the impression that the VVOF was long gone even 6 years ago, and a bit more than $30 when it was around, guess I need to improve on my homework. I am sure I can find the info somewhere on here when it was last bottled.

That means there could in fact still be some lingering on a dusty shelf somewhere? Boy wouldn't that be like finding the pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow!

Actually I appreciate you reviving some of these old threads that I had yet to stumble upon. Just IMO.

Actually I appreciate you reviving some of these old threads that I had yet to stumble upon. Just IMO.

Same here, although sometimes I too fail to notice the dates of the earlier messages in a thread. Some members will lead with something like "Bump!" to alert the reader that it's an old thread being revived.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Looking back at that revived thread, I was a little surprised by my statement, but I must have felt it was true in 2000. I can tell you that when VVOF was in general distribution it was "premium" priced, but not outrageous, maybe comparable to something like Woodford Reserve or Knob Creek today.

I will say that, in 2000, while there wasn't much VVOF around, there was a lot of SW whiskey around at various ages.

Judging by the bottle of VOF that just went for $410 on Ebay, I think we'd all like a time machine to go back and load up on the VVOF. Imagine what a bottle of that would go for! :smiley_acbt:

I'd be curious to know if the person that bought it is a member of this board.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.