Wild Turkey 12 yr

gluce
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hi Everyone,

I have a question? I have located a source to get wt 12 yr, the one that was available only overseas. The same one reviewed here. Anyway I can get it in Omaha at this little liquor store, it is 62.00 per bottle, good price?

I can not find it anywhere else. I live in KCMO, but go up there a couple of time per month. I can get a case with an additional 10% off. Anyone live in the area want to split a case with me or what?

Let me know. It goes for 62 per with the case discount we can get it for 55.80. I read it is hard to find and not made any longer, so lets go for it.

Regards,

George

George,

The original price was about $45 per bottle. So, I think the pricing you're quoting is great. I'd do the case.....you won't have any trouble getting rid of the extras you don't want :)

Dawn

Yeah, I would love the whole case too, but i only wanted to spend 300 bucks. I already have spent quite a bit this month on Irish whiskey. My wife won't be too happy.

Thanks,

George

George,

I'm a Jay . . . , Jay . . . , Jay, Jay, Jayhawk;

I'm from Law . . . rence . . . on . . . the . . . Kaw! (Just kidding. :grin: )

This is the first time since I left Topeka in 1973 that I've wished, however briefly, I that I still lived in that vicinity. If I did, I would gladly drive to O.P. to take delivery of whatever fraction of that case you might allocate to me -- one bottle or 11. If I could have only one more drink before I die, I would unhesitatingly choose WT 12 y/o over GTS, ORVW 18 y/o (still haven't tried the Pappy 20), Hirsch 16 y/o or 20 y/o, and WT Kentucky Spirit. You are fortunate indeed to find such a cache in Omaha; I predict you will never see such again.

Come to think of it, Omaha was one of the best things about Kansas. Do they still run horses at Ak-Sar-Ben?

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Dave,

If you swear to me on all that is sacred. I will buy the case and you can pay for half, 6 bottles. The cost is this 62 or 63 bucks a bottle x 12 = 756 total less 10% = 680.40 + sales tax 7.5 % = 731.43 divided by 2 =365.72. I do not know what shipping will be but maybe 20 bucks ground. So 385.72 sound okay for now.

If you are willing to go half I will provide receipts so you feel comfortable, I just can not buy the whole 12 my wife will kill me. I am for the first time right now drinking WT 12yr and it is as good as van winkle or any other top of the line bourbons, quite good.

By the way Dave I am from Boston moved to KC 14 yrs ago but my wife is a Pi Phi from KU. Rock Chalk Jay Hawk, KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Also Joe I will not forget you in all this.

Regards,

George

Let me know. I won't be able to get it by next week, but by my next trip at the end of March.

If it comes to that, count me in.

However, I request you ask for additional participants, possibly two more. The truth is that I'd prefer not to spend that much right now -- but I will if no one else wants in.

I guess I should ask first; do you mind shipping to more than one person?

BTW, Dane (gr8erdane) will vouch for my dependability based on our one transaction.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

If its ok I'll take two bottles. If thats ok send me a PM and I'll send you the money.

okay, this is what I will do I want 6 bottles. So I will send 3 to Dave, 2 to joe luka and 1 to joe bourbon. It will not be till the end of March. They have 2 bottles they are holding for me but I asked them about a case and this is where I am. When I get up there on Tuesday I will order the case and I will have the cost for the WT. I will go to a shipping place and have them package and send it, I will send you guys a copy of the bill and you can mail me a personal check for the WT and the shipping.

if that sounds good let me know. I have no reason to distrust anyone here and I hope all are honorable.

If you want to call the place and see if they ship you can do that too. The name of the place is Spirit World 402-391-8680. They close at 8 pm central but will be open tomorrow. I also found a place with Van Winkle 15 yr in Rhode Island.

I am a good hunter.

Of Bourbon!!!!!!!

George

...Tuesday I will order the case...

You know a retailer who can ORDER a case? It hasn't been distributed in the U.S. for almost 10 years, or even bottled in 2 or 3. Where's he going to order it from? Or does he already have it in his own stock room? I can't imagine a distributor holding onto it that long without pushing it to shelves.

(Just ignore me -- none of my business! Just thinking out loud.)

Enjoy it, guys -- it's great bourbon. Easily in my Top-5.

okay, this is what I will do I want 6 bottles. So I will send 3 to Dave, 2 to joe luka and 1 to joe bourbon. It will not be till the end of March. They have 2 bottles they are holding for me but I asked them about a case and this is where I am. When I get up there on Tuesday I will order the case and I will have the cost for the WT. I will go to a shipping place and have them package and send it, I will send you guys a copy of the bill and you can mail me a personal check for the WT and the shipping.

if that sounds good let me know.

Sounds good to me George. Just send me the invoice and you will be paid immediately. Thanks for the opportunity.

Joe :usflag:

George,

A quantity of three bottles is perfect for me right now (given that I just received an order from Binny's a week ago).

I will call the store directly, but I will be surprised if they ship to Arizona. Apparently the locals put up some vexing hurdles the seller must address. (Sam's, for one, will not ship to me here.) If it's possible to save you the hassle of packing and shipping, I will do so. Besides, that would save me a few bucks on KS sales tax. I will let you know.

Thanks for finding this bird in the bush and sharing the information. :grin:

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

George,

If I could have only one more drink before I die, I would unhesitatingly choose WT 12 y/o over GTS, ORVW 18 y/o (still haven't tried the Pappy 20), Hirsch 16 y/o or 20 y/o, and WT Kentucky Spirit. You are fortunate indeed to find such a cache in Omaha; I predict you will never see such again.

Dave Morefield

Dave,

The WT 12 is certainly not one of my favourite Turkeys. Too much on the dry and woody side for me. But as we say in Sweden: taste is like the ass, divided. It’s easy to get here due.

Leif

Leif,

Very interesting! Not just because we disagree on a single bottling, but because of the nature of that disagreement.

My tasting apparatus finds none of the WT line woody, per se. Yes, I find influence from the barrel, but it's mostly the sweet and rich kind that supposedly comes from the red layer, very little of the astringency that I associate with the outer char or the uncharred wood underneath the red layer.

Of all the WT bottlings I've tried I would rank WT 12 second on the sweetness scale, well behind Rare Breed.

All of this ignores variations from bottle to bottle, which others here have reported. I have had only three bottles, IIRC, and have yet to notice significant variation.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

George,

I called this morning and learned that the State of Nebraska forbids interstate shipments of liquor.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

George, I am sure you already have enough people to help you with that case, but if not let me know, I sent you a private message but never heard back. I'd gladly get you money asap for a couple bottles if you need to move more, if not it is all good!

Thanks,

George, I am sure you already have enough people to help you with that case, but if not let me know, I sent you a private message but never heard back. I'd gladly get you money asap for a couple bottles if you need to move more, if not it is all good! Thanks,

I'll second that. If there is enough available out there in your territory, it may be well worth the drive.

The WT 12 is certainly not one of my favourite Turkeys. Too much on the dry and woody side for me. Leif

You seem to be into odd bottlings, Leif. In that case you might well try to hunt out the French version of WT 12yo, called La Fayette.

This was my first taste of the 12yo and I still have fond memories of it (bought in 2001, if I remember correctly.) Incredibly heavy -you could almost chew it. The dominating flavours were maple syrup and blood oranges as opposed to the cherry of my current one.

Alas, I think it has been discontinued. Haven´t seen a bottle for many years. (The bottle in the picture is empty.)

post-6-14489812264239_thumb.jpg

Leif,

Very interesting! Not just because we disagree on a single bottling, but because of the nature of that disagreement.

My tasting apparatus finds none of the WT line woody, per se. Yes, I find influence from the barrel, but it's mostly the sweet and rich kind that supposedly comes from the red layer, very little of the astringency that I associate with the outer char or the uncharred wood underneath the red layer.

Of all the WT bottlings I've tried I would rank WT 12 second on the sweetness scale, well behind Rare Breed.

All of this ignores variations from bottle to bottle, which others here have reported. I have had only three bottles, IIRC, and have yet to notice significant variation.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Dave,

I have read on the forum that there are many different versions of WT 12. The version I refer to is at least in my opinion very woody in the meaning that it have a lot of bitter wood notes from the tannins of the “real†Wood. I have also hard to detect the “normal†amounts of WT sweetness from the red layer. There is only one other WT that is as woody as this that I have tried (have not tried Tribute jet). It is Tradition but that one has quite a lot of sweetness to balance it up. I have not fought of it before but I think I would consider 101 as the sweetest WT I have tried (have not tried RR believe it or not). KS both the Legends and sherry signature are also quit sweet. RB I would call medium sweet. On the dry side beside the 12 years old I would consider that the 8 years old European version is very dry as well. All this is just as I experience it of cause and I am sure it varies a lot from person to person.

You seem to be into odd bottlings, Leif. In that case you might well try to hunt out the French version of WT 12yo, called La Fayette.

This was my first taste of the 12yo and I still have fond memories of it (bought in 2001, if I remember correctly.) Incredibly heavy -you could almost chew it. The dominating flavours were maple syrup and blood oranges as opposed to the cherry of my current one.

Alas, I think it has been discontinued. Haven´t seen a bottle for many years. (The bottle in the picture is empty.)

Lennart,

I have seen La Fayette a couple of times on the lists of online stores. I am not sure but I think it was 10 years old and real expensive. I have heard that it is partly matured in Paris. Do you know anything about that?

Leif

Hi Everyone,

I called the liquor store on Saturday and they said they would check with the distributor. I will call tomorrow too and follow up but will ask if they can get additional cases. If they can get 3 cases, I will get them if you are all sure you want them. I have answered all my pm today so I will check back.

I hope we can all make a good score here.

George

Sorry for the quality I resized them and heres what we have, but it is the split label and it says oin the back 12 yr limited edition.

George

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.