Stone Old Guardian

mythrenegade
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On St. Patrick's day we had a few friends over. We stocked the traditional Guiness, and I served a very nice Stuart Wine Cellars Malbec with dinner, but what stole the show liquor wise was a barley wine from Stone Brewery called "Old Guardian"

The entire lot has been shipped to stores (no more will be made this year), so if you can find it at a Bevmo or other fine beverage retailer, buy it when you see it. This is very possibly the best beer I've ever had, and I've had some great beers.

The Malbec wasn't bad either, but that's a different thread.

Joel

• 2 months later...

I live about 20 miles from the Stone Brewery and the Barley wine is atrocious. I bought 4 bottles and it's really hard to get anyone to drink it. The only real good beer from them is their Smoked Porter, which is primo.

I live about 20 miles from the Stone Brewery and the Barley wine is atrocious. I bought 4 bottles and it's really hard to get anyone to drink it. The only real good beer from them is their Smoked Porter, which is primo.

I have no problem finding someone to drink it :-)

We went through four or five bottles on St. Patricks day alone. At $5 each, that's no trivial matter.

You must have a very different taste in beer than we do. My friends love Arrogant Bastard and Ruination, which are hardcore IPA's. I can drink both of them, but much prefer the Old Guardian.

Sorry you didn't like the OG. I think it's awesome.

Joel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.