Jim Murray's Bourbon Notes

doubleblank
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thank you, Jeff. And this makes perfect sense, since Trace has a definite, minty edge, no doubt from the rye. But it still has a faint tannic side, too. :)

Gary

There is, after all, no coincedence that it was Murray, not anyone else, who was appointed a Honorary Colonel of Kentucky.

I can't speak for Jackson, but Murray is not the only whiskey writer to have received the commission of Kentucky Colonel. I am a Colonel, as are several other participants in this forum.

As for Jackson v. Murray, I would say Jackson is even-handed as between the two styles, but Murray I sometimes think actually prefers bourbon.

I can't speak for Jackson, but Murray is not the only whiskey writer to have received the commission of Kentucky Colonel. I am a Colonel, as are several other participants in this forum.

I was referring to UK writers.

Head down to the drugstore or Wal-Mart and you can clear this up quickly, Ken.

It isn't that easy it appears. I looked for some today with no luck. I did a google search and it is still available thru some Retro and Nostalgic candy warehouses. The product is cheap enough but shipping is a little rough these days.

Is the 2006 Whiskey Bible out yet in the U.S. or does anyone know when it's coming out?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.