(Not?) For Angelenos Only

bluesbassdad
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A web search found a reference to a liquor source (Beverage Warehouse) I had all but forgotten about. I used to buy beer there, long before I rediscovered bourbon.

Their online list of whiskey includes Booker's, Rock Hill Farms, Kentucky Spirit, and "Old Rip Van Winkle 15 year", all for $40 or less.

George T. Stagg is listed at $56.95.

In my Most Mysterious category there is a listing for Hirsch Kentucky Rye 21 y/o (no proof given) for $121.95.

The place is rather out of the way, located in a light commercial strip, just north of the old Hughes Aircraft (now Dreamworks) Culver City plant. In spite of that, one can't get to it via Jefferson Blvd; it's necessary to approach it from the north.

Has anyone shopped this store lately? I'm wondering whether to plan a visit there the next time I'm in the L.A. area.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Mike (scratchline) sent me a PM that he found that place, I myself have not been there but will when I venture up north again...

It is quite a ride for me but with the prices on the website, very worth it. I will be going in the next 3 weeks as I need to drop off a friend at LAX and will report on what I see at that time.

I was there last week. It is a great liquor store and has a very good selection of bourbon. They had more Stagg than I've ever seen in one place. They DID not have the ORVW 15 as far as I could see. They had the old Wild Turkey RR 101 as well.

The place is definitely worth the trip. Be sure to pick up some of the South Carolina Blenheim Ginger Ale while you're there. Very hard to locate and the extra hot version is very spicy. They also carry Lemonhart Demerara Rum in both the standard and overproof versions.

This is the best all round liquor store I've been to in LA.

-Mike

On their web site when you click the link for ORVW 15, it is a bottle of PVW15 is pictured.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.