Broken Cork!

Grant
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I bought another bottle of Rare Breed at the same time as the one mentioned in this thread. I have yet to open it - but I'm really curious as to what the results will be. I will make sure to save the replacement cork that they sent me - just in case.

Good luck, brother!

• 4 weeks later...

This may sound stupid and I know its not the best way to fix the problem, but I save old corks from empty bottles for just this case. So when a cork breaks I have a back up to replace it with.

This may sound stupid and I know its not the best way to fix the problem, but I save old corks from empty bottles for just this case. So when a cork breaks I have a back up to replace it with.

Not stupid at all - this is a good idea.

BTW - I believe that CrispyCritter mentioned this idea first at the beginning of this thread.

I had a Wild Turkey Russell Reserve 90 proof cork break off from the top.

An eariler suggestion about saving corks is a very good idea.

Oscar

Yes, but we borderling OCD types have to decide how many is enough. I must have close to 20 in my drawer right now. The next time my wife is marauding for postage stamps, I might end up taking some good-natured crap. Maybe I deserve it.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Yes, but we borderling OCD types have to decide how many is enough. I must have close to 20 in my drawer right now.

Enough? I'm not familiar with that word . . .

I've decided to keep every cork from every bottle as a souvenir. It takes up less space than the bottle! I just have a box under the bar into which I toss them after the bottle is emptied. It also gives me a handy source of replacement corks if I have one that goes bad.

Plus, since they only recycle the glass, I'm saving landfill space by not filling it up with corks, right?! :grin:

Interesting question. Have you seen plastic corks in any bottles of spirits?

I´m sure there must be others but the only thing that I could come up with from my collection was I.W. Harper President´s Reserve.

Looks like this :

post-6-14489812405406_thumb.jpg

I´m sure there must be others but the only thing that I could come up with from my collection was I.W. Harper President´s Reserve.

Looks like this :

Thanks for posting the picture - this is the first plastic Bourbon cork I have seen.

and let's hope the last....man I would hate to see clear plastic stoppers start being thrown on everything. Reminds me of a cheap bottle of multi-vitamins.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.