Elemer T. Lee delisted at the LCBO

Frodo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Note to all Ontarians - Elmer T. Lee has been quietly delisted from the LCBO. Get it while you can folks, a great bourbon at a great bargain price has been taken away from us. Not sure what I'm going to get now when I want a bottle of Bourbon. Choices at the LCBO now seem more...constricted (specifically for mid-shelf bourbons).

ok, whats an LCBO? Canadian Liquor Board? I have a bottle of Elmer T. Lee and maybe need to try it again but it didn't knock my socks off or nothin. Actually, I'm curious about what makes people appreciate a particular bourbon? Makes me want to start a thread on that!

Thanks!

Paul Cote

Hi Paul:

LCBO stands for Liquor Control Board of Ontario. I use it to refer to state-run liquor stores.

As for what makes people stand up about it, well...I can only speak for myself but the price point (C$40) combined with notes of Caramel and oak make for a wonderful whisky. Not too much noticable rye character as I remember, but enough overall "character" to make it a contemplative dram as opposed to a sessional dram. Cheap enough to be a sessional dram though...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.