BT trip

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, I was going to try to emulate Tim's excellent review of JD, but as my luck usually runs, my camera ran out of juice 3 shots(and of course one was too blurred to use) into the trip. But there was a light at the end of the rainbow...there wasn't one, it was one of my rare distillery trips when it didn't rain:lol:

There was one display that I hadn't seen before in the visitors center(movie room?): a four barrel display showing how much whiskey is in the barrel as it ages. one new, 4yo, 9yo, 18yo

post-1106-14489812314987_thumb.jpg

Then of course there is the company provided gym membership-this is where they train for the bourbon barrel relay at the KBF

post-1106-1448981231524_thumb.jpg

However, after the batteries died, there were a couple cool things: there was a tank of 15yo wheated ready to be bottled; and though the line was already shut-down for the day there was a bottle of Weller I'd never seen before(and couldn't get close enough to read the whole thing), so I came hame and did a label application search and found it to show off. The bottle shape seems to be different than the regular WLWeller bottles, and the label is a clear plastic type.

post-1106-14489812315567_thumb.jpg

The last thing of interest is there was a bottle of the FirePot, sitting out on an open shelf...I could get close enough to reach out and...but I didn't:smiley_acbt:

yeah, I just saw them boxing some of this Weller up today on the cam with this label. Also some Pappy 15. Is this just a new packaging for the Weller 12? Its a very nice looking bottle.

nd though the line was already shut-down for the day there was a bottle of Weller I'd never seen before(and couldn't get close enough to read the whole thing), so I came hame and did a label application search and found it to show off. The bottle shape seems to be different than the regular WLWeller bottles, and the label is a clear plastic type.

From reading the full label application, it seems to be just that, new packaging for the Weller 12

Timothy,

During your visit did you see the damage to warehouse C from the storm. I was in Frankfort today on other business and stopped by just for a glance. The damage is quite extensive. They are starting the rebuilding process. They are re-using the brick that they can and using brick from other warehouses that have been "decommissioned" previously. Anyway that was their story.

Jon

Yes I did. It was really strange to see the brick stripped away and the ricks still in place holding the barrels.

Warehouse B & C were extensively damaged by the storm. C, built in 1881, will be re-built with bricks salvaged from the collapsed wall plus bricks salvaged from renovations to other warehouses over the years. As dumb as it may appear, we actually save all of our old bricks just for such an emergency (kind of reminds me of Foghorn Leghorn numbering his feathers so he can put them back after "just such an emergency").

Warehouse C is actually one of our best houses and we intend to rebuild it exactly like it was. The brick was actually 3 layers thick and that is how we will rebuild it.

Ken

Ken,

I'm sure you can go pick some up down in Millville if you need some extras. I think they have plety to get rid of.

If any of the barrels from B&C are in need of a temporary home I can make room in my garage, attic, master bedroom, etc.

At least they won't shoot at you when try to help them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.