Old Bardstown

jburlowski
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Recently, Old Bardstown 10 year old "Estate Bottled" has suddenly appeared on local liquor shelves here in Northern Kentucky. It is apparently a Heaven Hill product. My impressions are that it is a very good, nicely balanced pour. For its 10 year old label age, its seems an excellent value at $21.95. Given the speculation from Cowdey and others about a near-term shortage of aged bourbon, I'm tempted to deviate from my normal practice and bunker some.

From earlier posts, it appears that this name was previously owned by KBD. Does anyone have info about this recent incarnation?

Actually Old Bardstown is still a KBD product. This came up the other night on the chat and Drew mentioned it and confirmed that it is still their label.

I found a bottle of this last month on a drive I did through Kentucky and Tennessee. I'd never seen it before, and the price was $18 so I figured it was worth taking a flyer on. It definitely has that Heaven Hill "grassy" taste to me, although not as pronounced as in some other HH bourbons. All-in-all very tasty, smooth, and well-balanced. Definitely worth the price!

I took a trip to Kentucky last week and also bought a bottle of Old Bardstown. it was 17.99 at Party source in Newport. Even though this is a Kbd brand, they do buy whiskey from Heaven Hill. Seeing this is a 10 year old, this may very well be some of the last production from the Heaven Hill distillery that burned in Nov. 1996. As time goes on, only the older brands will have original Bardstown whiskey in them!

Thomas

Drew had also mentioned during the chat that is was a mingling of two different mashbills, though he didn't say whether it was from one or multiple distilleries.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.