Bourbon in Colorado Springs

camduncan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've got a bourbon loving workmate who is heading over to Colorado Springs next month...

Unfortunately he won't be picking up anything for me - His 3 bottle duty free allowance will be all for him, but he was wondering what he will find there.

Does anyone live there or visit there?

What bourbons can he expect to find in the area?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice :D

I have spent far too much time scouring the stores, I can tell you it does take a few stops to hit the all the goodies we have available here. There is one place for Buffalo Trace, one place for Weller Antique 107, to show how diverse the shopping is. We have 2 Colorado Liquor Outlets (not a chain; same logo, different stock and pricing; one has Ancient Ancient Age 10STAR), Cheers (Weller Antique, Pappy Van Winkle 15 yo plus a relatively large selection), Powers Liquor Mart (Buffalo Trace), Coaltrain (various "odd" bottlings, although nothing significant). Limited issues, like GT Stagg or WL Weller, you're driving north to Denver. PM me; I have a US toll free number I will give you. And, I would enjoy buying him a drink upon his arrival. Yes, the majority of watering holes have the usual suspects (The Small Batch Collection) but there are a few bright spots. C.S. also has a great selection of brewpubs, microbreweries, and an awesome cigar bar (Elijah Craig 18 yo) if he's so inclined.

I'm sure they have the standard brands that are throughout the USA like Wild Turkey, Beam, Makers, Wellers, Evan Williams etc.... its the lesser known brands that have their little hideouts right? Guess it depends on if your looking for the higher end or lower. I seem to be a bottom dweller myself. I like to appreciate the best of the cheap stuff.

I'm sure they have the standard brands that are throughout the USA like Wild Turkey, Beam, Makers, Wellers, Evan Williams etc.... its the lesser known brands that have their little hideouts right? Guess it depends on if your looking for the higher end or lower. I seem to be a bottom dweller myself. I like to appreciate the best of the cheap stuff.

I don't know about Colorado Springs, but in California you can get a 1750 of Maker's Mark for US$32 or so. If he can only bring back 3 bottles, he should bring back at least one BIG one like that.

ETL is relatively cheap, as is Elijah Craig 12YO.

Joel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.