Will there be a 2006 spring Stagg?

MTBottle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last year at this time the 2005 spring release was available here in PA. Will there be a spring release this year? And if so, does anyone know when?

He who hesitates...

Mark

I doubt that there will be as it was stated as a "special spring release" probobly going to have to wait until fall for another Stagg.

I would hazard to say James is correct. IIRC BT stumbled across the barrels containing what became spring 05 Stagg and put it out then as a special bonus bottling. I don't know for sure but would imagine that they put it out at that time because it was ready for bottling right then and may have been a whole different profile if left to age for another summer. A couple of years ago we got two versions of Old Forester Birthday Bourbon in one calendar year as well and only one has been produced each year since. Look at multiple bottlings of a vintaged bourbon as a bonus, but I really wouldn't expect it to become a regular practice in the industry.

When we were visiting the BT lab Friday, they were set up to taste samples (we tasted a couple ourselves:grin: -- albeit diluted to 60 proof) for the Fall Stagg -- barreled in mid-1990, so 16+ years old.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.